Chapter Four

"We still don't know what caused the sudden crash.. As far as we know, it was a failure in the engines. We're very sorry."

Skye ran to the SHIELD reception desk, pushing past Coulson, who was talking to some by-the-book agents about the crash.

"Is she alright?!"

"She is currently in critical condition-"

"I need to see her!"

"Skye, calm down." Coulson said, and she turned around to face him. "Everything's gonna be okay."

"No, no, it's not. It's all my fault! I- I should've been there to protect her.. I could've saved her.." Skye tried to stay strong, she tried to, but.. Her voice broke halfway through the sentence. She couldn't stay strong. It was her fault that Jemma was hooked up to God knows how many wires.

"Skye. Listen to me. She's gonna be okay." Coulson embraced her in a comforting hug.

"I want to see her, Coulson." she whispered, her voice sounding broken.

Coulson walked side-by-side with Skye to Jemma's hospital room. He stopped her at the door.

"Now, Skye.. She's in a medically induced coma. They're trying to get her stable, but.." he sighed. "This could be hard for you. I don't want you feeling responsible."

"It's okay, A.C." she forced a smile and awkwardly patted him on the shoulder. "I just.. I want to see her. I need to see her."

A/N Still not satisfied with this chapter, but.. Oh well. :/