Chapter 1 *edited*

"SHADOW RUN!" My mother screams at me. My dad is already being overrun by Sunbeam warriors. With a last look at my parents I run. I run as fast as I can back to the packhouse. Through the forest I run and run and run. Jumping over fallen trees and other forest shrubbery. 

When I reach the packhouse the people point at me and look worried. "My mom and dad are fighting Sunbeam warriors! Someone come and help me!"  I yell. One of the head warriors come over to me and he has his whole fighting group with him.

He shifts and I get on his back. When he takes off running I guide him to where my parents are fighting for there lives. We arrive in the meadow in half the time it took me to run to the packhouse. 

The rogues are still fighting my parents but my mom is down and my dad is guarding her. They both have some very bad wounds. The warriors come and started fighting the Sunbeam warriors. We are outnumbered but not outclassed.

I run to my parents where my father is breathing heavy and my mother is dead. "Shadow my little girl." He said looking up at me. He puts his hand on the side of my face which now has tears running down it.

"You will bring our packs together *cough* you must be strong and believe in your mate *cough* he will help you...me and your mother are proud of you and we will love you forever..." I sit there holding my father as the light goes out of his eye.

I have tears running down my face as I look at our warriors. We haven't lost anyone else but some have injuries. I see more of our fighter's come and my dad's beta comes up to me. The fighter's have run the Sunbeam fighter's off. 

"Shadow I am going to be the alpha now. You can't take the position at such a young age. When you are old enough I will give it to you but for now you are to be the head warrior's child. You don't have any family left now." Beta Max told me.

I see the head warrior come up to me. I stare him down and he flinched a bit. For a five year old I can be pretty intimidating when I want to be. He holds his hand out to me and I look into his eyes. I have never trusted anyone other then my parents.

When he looks into my eyes I can see trust and love there. He lost his mate a few years back in one of the battles and they didn't have any children together. He kind of always looked after me after he lost his mate. He always said he needs something to do and keeping me out of trouble was a full-time job.

My little hand slips into his hand. It's a rough, warm, and surprisingly friendly feeling hand for a warrior. He smiles at me and I just meet his gaze with an expressionless one. Any feelings I had been showing earlier today are gone. My parents just died right in front of me.

I felt Mason pick me up and for the first time in my life I didn't fight someone picking me up. No one has ever even been able to touch me. I sigh in defeat and let him carry me all the way back to his house. 

Mason's house is a little smaller than most of the houses the pack has available for the pack warriors. This is fine though because it is only going to be us living here. The house is also on the outskirts of the town, right below the mansion which rests on the mountain and is the packhouse. My house by birthright. 

Once we are there he lays me on the bed and leaves to make super. At least it is what I am going to assume from the smell of it. I just lay there on the bed. All I feel is emptiness and this is the only thing I will feel for the next seven years.

--- 12 years later ---

I am finally going to shift into my wolf. I will be able to go to the alpha school like the rest of the alpha's. Mason is now like a father to me but I call him Uncle Mason. He is making a special breakfast for me. Just like how he does every year.

I get dressed. I am now 17 years old. Most people don't even remember my family tree. They just think 'Alpha Max' is from the true alpha family. Most people don't understand me anyway. I am still going to assassin school and taking back my pack though.

My nose tells me the bacon is done. Mason swears I have a better nose then the trackers do. My feet thud down the hall and into the kitchen. Mason sees me and smiles. He comes over and picks me up swinging me around.

I giggle as he sets me down. Mason is the only one I don't give the cold shoulder to. Most people have never even heard me speak. Not since my parents died. I beat him to the table and I manage to swipe the whole plate of bacon.

With a glance over my shoulder at Mason I set the plate down at my spot and start eating the whole thing. The last time I did this he snuck up behind me and stole the plate back after he tickled me.

Once I finish the plate I hop up and head to the woods. Mason is following me and we head to our meadow. I have been training for fighting here every day for two hours since my parents were killed.

Today we are just going to wait for me to shift for my first time. Mason had a picnic basket in his hands. Hey it might take all day or it might take an hour. There is no telling how long it will take for me to shift.

"Mason how long did it take for you to shift your first time?" I ask him. I don't talk very much when around other people but Mason I will speak my mind to. He looks me in the eyes and smiles.

"It took me until sundown and the moon peaking over the horizon.  I have one of the latest records in the whole werewolf history." He said. Well it did him well as he has a nice and strong wolf.

As the day goes on and it is now sun high we are eating lunch and nothing has even started to happen yet. I need to let off some energy. "Mason can we fight? Please? I need to let off some energy." I say begging him. I am even using the puppy eyes trick.

He glares at me. "No you know if you want to go for your first run in your wolf form the first time you shift you can't do to much the day you are to shift." He says. I frown and sit down. I really want to shift already so I can go for a run.

So I sit in the grass for a few more hours and lets just say it's more boring then school. It feels like forever before it is finally sunset. The sunset is one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen.

Mason is looking at me for any sign to show I might be shifting but I don't feel anything yet. The full moon is rising over the top of the trees in the meadow. Once it was shining in all it's glory I felt pain explode in my arms and legs. 

I fall to the ground and lay there in the moonlight. The pain lasts for a few more minutes and then I am fully shifted, I think. Mason comes up in his wolf form. His wolf is big and gray. He nudges my side and I stand. 

Looking down at my paws I see they are black as midnight on a new moon. Mason is looking at me in shock and I just  noticed how tall he is. He starts to run and I run after him. My wolf is fast and agile. We stop at the lake which is near the border of our pack and Sunbeam's pack land. 

I look into the water and staring back at me is an all-black wolf. She has startling blue eyes and the thing I notice next is... I am a runt. The first runt from an all-alpha bloodline.

A/N

Word Count: 1430

This is my first werewolf story and most of these things I am coming up with on the fly. Some thing's are planned other's are not. Just a fair warning... I'm very chaotic sometimes. Cue the awkward laugh.