Chapter 9

Shadow POV:

After a while it was time for everyone to head to there rooms. I went to Ace and he gave me a leg up. Once I was firmly on his back he started to walk. I told him what way to go by using tiny movements in my legs and hands.

Leah is walking beside Ace but at a small distance as Ace hasn't taken a liking to her still. After going down a few more hallways we made it to our room. I get off of Ace and open the door. Ace walks in with me and Leah right on his heels.

What we see shocks us. In the far walk to the outside there is now a door. It is obviously a stable door and so we all walk out and open it. There is a decent sized stable with an opening to the outside. We go out that door next and fine that the fence goes all the way around it and it is about 10 feet away from the stable at all times.

Ace has already lowered his head and is munching on grass. Well this is a pleasant surprise. I have never had anything like this for Ace. He seems to be enjoying it to. Good thing mine and Leah's room is on the ground floor.

Leah and I walk back into our room and after a lot of nagging from Leah, we shut the bottom part of the door. I am starting to think that she is a little scared of Ace but she is going to have to get over that. Ace isn't going anywhere until I do.

We get ready for bed and in half an hour we are ready for bed and laying in our beds chatting. We talk about our past. She has grown up with overprotective parents that wouldn't even allow her to go to public school.

She was so overprotected that she was only allowed to ride horses that were so tame that they wouldn't even do anything much when approached. You could be sitting on the horses back kicking and screaming and they wouldn't even flinch. I winced when she told me about this though.

Eventually Ace nickered at the stable door and I knew that it was bedtime. Me and Leah try to sleep but Ace won't calm down. Finally I get up and walk over to him. He hugs me to him and I sigh. He has never liked being away from me.

Ace's POV:

Once we got back to Shadow's room I find that there was a door leading to my own stables. It then has a doorway (with no door) leading to a nice-sized pen. I go out into the pen and start to eat a bit of grass.

Finally, it is bedtime and I go into the stall. I stand there and listen to there conversations. I had never realized how bad it could be to be an Alpha's oldest child. Having to ride such tame horses? They are also so annoying. They just let anyone near them and let anyone ride them.

When they are about to go to bed I start to nicker at Shadow. I just can't stand not being near her when it is night time. Bad things normally happen at night and I just can't stand not being close enough to her to not protect her.

She comes over and finally starts to pet me. I use my head and push her close to me as a sort of hug. I know she feels our bond but she just doesn't know what it is. Shadow looks over her shoulder and grabs a few blankets. 

"Leah I am going to sleep in the stables with Ace." She tells her. She then comes in and lays a blanket down on the hay bale. She then falls asleep. Looking over to make sure that Leah is sleeping, I walk over to Shadow. She stirs in her sleep and I pause. I really need to tell her soon. Once she is back in deep sleep I lay my head on her stomach and fall asleep like that.

***************Morning because sleeping is boring******************

Shadow's POV:

I wake up and feel something heavy on my stomach. Looking down I see that Ace put his head on me again. He knows that this isn't how I like to wake up, but I just can't stay mad at him. It is so infuriating. 

Sighing I gently lift up Ace's head and slip out from under it. I then carefully lay his head down on the hay bale. Ace stirs and wakes up. He nickers at me and this time I really do have a carrot on me. I give it to him with a small laugh.

He eats the carrot. I head back into the main room and find Leah still sleeping. If she sleeps for much longer she isn't going to be ready for breakfast and I have a feeling we are going to need all the strength we can get today.

I walk over and gently shake her shoulder. She only moans and turns over mumbling something about it being Sunday. I sigh and whistle lowly. Ace comes trotting in and then goes up to Leah. Then lets out a battle cry right in her ear. 

Leah jumps up yelling and swinging the knife she sleeps with under her pillow around. "Calm down I just woke you up because breakfast is in ten minutes." I say while dodging the knife the whole time.

"Oh sorry you startled me awake and lucky for you I never really had any training in fighting. Well let's go get some food." She said. She gets up and gets ready and ten minutes later we are on our way. 

So along the way to the Mess Hall we got lost. Leah had to lead us there and took us into a place that neither of us had been. We tried backtracking and that didn't work. So I shifted into my wolf and found Leah's sent.

I followed her sent back to where I knew how to get to the Mess Hall and then I shifted back. "Next time I am leading." I say. We had wasted 20 minutes of our time with that. We got our food and ate as quickly as we could. 

Then we sprinted out of there and to our first class. All of the ages have the same classes in the morning. The first years are going to be in History first. Which I already know. I can even tell you what happened on almost every date. 

We make it with a minute to spare. "Next time you are not leading us anywhere." I whisper to Leah. We find that there are two seats open in the far back. We take them and the rest of our row is boys. 

Making sure Leah is next to the window so that I am right next to the boys I watch as the teacher enters the classroom. He is a younger teacher. Second-year of teaching if I had to guess. He has pure white hair. 

Well me and him are not going to be getting along very well if he is a white wolf like I am thinking he is. I watch as he starts writing on the board. Then he moves away. "My name is Mr. Ashtree. This is my second year of teaching. You get your homework in on time and you will do just fine." He said and jumps right into the lesson.

It was only about how the first shifters formed the first pack. It was so boring. Eventually I tuned him out and just made sure the boys were staying well away from Leah. She just doesn't seem to trust males. 

Soon Mr. Ashtree calls on me. "Can you please repeat the question?" I ask innocently. He sighs. "Pay attention next time. What were the names of the first three to join the pack?" I roll my eyes. "That is a common misconception. There were not three who joined the first pack but four. Their names were Franta, Angel, Demon, and Karma. Franta's  wolf was dark red, Angel's was pure white, Demon's was pure black, and Karma's was brown." I say smoothly in a bored tone.

Everyone in the class seems startled that I know so much on the subject. "Oh and the four of them had the same last name. Moonstone. They are also known as the First Four. Mr. Ashtree you may want to pick your battles more wisely." I say sitting down like nothing had happened.

The rest of the class flew by. Then the next class was reading. That flew by. Next we have fighting for the rest of the day with Tom and Ken. Me and Leah start to walk out of the reading class but the teacher called us back.

"You are both very good at reading and this diplomacy stuff. There is a new program this year for kids like you two. Instead of Reading you are going to go to the training room for wolf combat training. It is just a little extra but it may save your life one day." She said. I smile and thank her. Me and Leah head on our way to training with smiles on our faces.

A/N

Word Count: 1575

There is the next chapter. It didn't take me long to write after I figured out how I want the book to go. That is the part that took forever. We are about to meet Alvaro. With any luck he is going to make his first appearance in the next chapter. Or he might not. Depends on how I feel while writing it.