Together Again

Chapter 7—Together Again

The next few weeks are chaos for both Norman and Mia. Both of them busy with their careers but still making an effort in their new relationship. Norman is thrilled with Mia's Fashion Week work, watching the video of her walking the runway via video on YouTube. He wishes he could have been sitting in the front row to watch her comeback to modeling but he had commitments that couldn't be ignored. The couple managed to spend a few days with each other in New York before he left for London and Europe. They spent most of that time alone or with Mingus, just keeping things low-key. Mia felt bad about missing his art show in Barcelona but she was busy with work. She made sure to look at all the photos of the show that were posted online. She noticed that Diane Kruger made an appearance at the show in Spain but Mia didn't mention it to Norman. Diane and Norman had been acquaintances through her boyfriend Josh for years and Mia wasn't naturally a jealous person, something Norman loved about her so she wasn't about to act like a silly schoolgirl over the fact that a past co-star made it a point to support his art show.

Mia wraps up her filming down in New Orleans and flies back to New York to see Norman, who is getting home around the same time. He has a couple of weeks where he doesn't have to be anywhere other than the city and they are both looking forward to seeing each other. Mia moved into Amanda Demme's old studio loft before she left for Fashion Week, something she still hadn't mentioned to Norman. She figures that she will tell him before his next visit to Los Angeles. Balty stays true to his word and hasn't said anything either but she knows that he isn't comfortable keeping things from his longtime friend.

Mia unlocks the door to Norman's place, using the key he gave her before he left for Hawaii. She walks down to his bedroom, wheeling her carry-on into his walk-in closet. She hangs up her jacket and kicks off her shoes before reemerging into his bedroom. She can tell the cleaning service has been here recently, his bed is made and his clean laundry is neatly folded, sitting on top of his dresser. Mia lies down on his bed, burrowing her head into the soft pillow. It will be a couple of hours before Norman arrives back in New York and a nap to help with her jet lag sounds so inviting to her. Mia falls asleep quickly, dreaming about the man she's waiting patiently to see again.

Norman sits in first class, his long flight uneventful but making him impatient to be back home in New York. It's been a crazy few weeks and he's looking forward to sleeping in his own bed, especially with the vivacious woman he's in love with. Norman stares at his phone, listening to his music from behind his ever present Ray-Bans. His mind wanders to thoughts of Mia; she's been on his mind a lot since he last saw her. He misses her like crazy and wonders if she feels the same. They've been in constant contact even with the huge time difference. Texts, phone calls, and even some Face-Time but it just isn't enough. He hasn't felt like this about someone in years and he wonders how he's going to deal with her being in LA while he's in Georgia filming season 8 of The Walking Dead. He loves his job but part of him almost wishes Daryl would be killed off so he doesn't have to be away from Mia.