Fake Tales of San Francisco

Chapter 17—Fake Tales of San Francisco

Norman heads to San Francisco and Mia back to LA on Friday morning. They'll be spending the Easter weekend apart but Mia's doing her best to meet back up with him in New York before he drives down to Georgia with Eye in the Dark. She has to get her apartment packed and cleaned out, shipping some stuff to Georgia and the rest to New York in order to meet up with Norman before he leaves for Georgia.

They both went to the airport together but this time their flights are at different ends of the terminal so they say their goodbyes in the back of a town car. Norman decides that it's easier and more private to use a car service rather than just take a taxi. Thanks to the tinted windows, this allows the two of them to share goodbye kisses when they pulled up to the curb.

Norman pulls back from her kiss swollen lips, quietly telling her, "I'm going to miss the hell out of you." Mia nods and bites her bottom lip, holding back as much of the sadness as she can. She's doing her damnedest not to make this any harder on him.

He cups her chin, making her look up into his eyes, "You don't have to hold it in for me Mia; I'm going to be sad no matter what. Holding it all in isn't doing either of us a damn bit of good."

She lets out a deep breath, "Never could fool you for a minute."

"Nope, not often" he reminds her.

She gives him a slight smile as she relishes the feeling of his hand on her chin, "I will pack as fast as I can, I promise."

He smirks, "Just get everything done, I will either see you in New York or in Georgia." Mia leans in closer and he smiles as he realizes she's trying to kiss him again. He lets go of her chin and weaves his hand in her loose hair, pulling her lips to his. His kiss is soft, gentle and loving letting her know exactly what she means to him. When their lips finally part he tells her, "I love you, sweetheart."

She smiles, quietly telling him, "I love you Norm."

He hears a tap on the glass partition from the driver, signaling that it's time to go and sighs, "Time to go, babe, I'll call you when I get to San Francisco."

Mia sits back in the seat, "You better mister or you'll be in big trouble when I see you." He laughs at her playfulness as he gets out of the car, the driver opening the door. The door closes and she watches him take his carry-on from the driver and then walk into the terminal.

The driver gets back into the driver's seat, rolling down the partition, "I'll let you out in about fifteen minutes Miss James."

Mia smiles at the gray-haired man, "Thanks Carl. Sorry about having to be so covert but Norman's sure to attract a ton of fans this morning."

Carl smiles back, "It's not the first time I've had to do something like this for a client; at least neither of you are married to someone else, that's uncomfortable."

Mia chuckles, "I'm sure it is." Mia relaxes, watching people walk in and out of the double glass doors, making their way to their destinations. Once enough time passes, Carl gets out of the car and lets her out onto the curb. He hands her carry-on bidding her a safe trip before returning to the driver's seat and pulling away from the curb. Mia takes a deep breath, walking into the airport and to security. The faster she gets home, the faster she can pack up her life and the faster she can start living the rest of her life with Norman.

That night once Norman's settled into his hotel, he calls Mia. They talk for a bit while she packs some more boxes. He promises to text her the address of where to ship her stuff in Georgia and as they talk about other things, there's a knock on his hotel room door. He figures it's Sean Clark and ends his conversation with Mia before answering the door. He opens the door to see Jeffrey filling his doorway.