Surprise!

Chapter 11 –Surprise!

Two and a half weeks later Mia walks into her loft, putting her bag on the kitchen counter and flopping down on her sofa. Her feet are killing her and she has to be up early to do it all again tomorrow. Today was the second day of the Motorcycle show and she was busy. She stood around and looked pretty for everyone as she manned the display of custom bikes for a few hours. Then they moved her over to the Triumph display where she spent most of the afternoon looking pretty as well. Tomorrow she's at the Easyrider booth signing autographs and meeting fans. She's had about all the attention she can handle for one day, multiple men asking her out and flirting with her. They were all nice but it just made her miss Norman even more. She knows he's busy with a photo shoot this week and a couple of interviews. He's running out of time to finish filming for season 2 of "Ride" before filming of "TWD" starts.

Before she left New York she did the commercial she auditioned for, which was nice. She didn't get the part on the soap opera but that's fine, something will come her way soon enough. She was able to spend a lot of time with Norman while she was in New York and that was her main goal. She managed to start packing things last night after she got back from the convention center but today was busier and she's too damn tired. She never fully unpacked from her move between the bungalow and here but she still has plenty to box up before she relocates to New York. She stares at the stack of boxes against the far wall and wonders if Norman is as excited about her living with him as she is. She knows he asked but he hasn't lived with a woman full time since Helena and it's a big change. She also knows that they will get along fine; he lived with her for almost four months, years ago.

Mia remembers the night he ended up on her doorstep, homeless with everything packed in his crappy car. He had gotten evicted from his apartment and needed a place to crash. Mia welcomed him in and told him he could stay with her as long as he liked. They had only known each other less than a year but they were close friends. That's when he instituted his "Open Door" bathroom policy and when she had discovered that unlike most men, he was tidy and organized. Mia was the same way and that's probably why he stayed there for so long. That and he wanted to move to New York and needed to save money. Mia enjoyed having him around and also the reduction in rent. Norman always made sure he gave her money towards rent and pitched in for food. Mia's still reminiscing when she hears a knock on the door.

She gets up, expecting to see Balty; he was supposed to visit her at the convention center but never showed. She opens the door and is in shock; standing on her porch is Norman. Mia steps back, letting him in. He's got his duffle bag slung over one shoulder and his backpack in his hand. "Hey sweetheart, surprise!" he says.

She grins, hugging him tightly as she asks, "What are you doing here?"

He kisses her cheek, "My photo shoot was in Malibu and I thought I'd come see you."

She lets go of him and follows him inside, shutting her front door as she says, "You didn't tell me it was here."

He shrugs, "The photographer was here on another shoot and wanted to postpone it because he couldn't get to New York. My schedule is tight so I volunteered to fly here to get it done. I flew in last night and did the shoot today." He puts his bags on a side chair in her living area and sits on the sofa.

Mia sits down on his lap, "How long until you leave?"

He grins at her as she slides his sunglasses off his face and pulls his hat off, "I don't leave until Monday afternoon. I thought I'd go to the motorcycle show tomorrow."

She squeals, "Are you really?"

He nods, "I'm bringing Flanery and Balty with me, also a camera guy. I figured we'd film it and maybe use it in an episode, depends on what kind of footage we get."