loves

he trembles. 

"why do you do this to me?" hajime's face shows an assemblage of conflicting emotions. disappointment mars over the rest, seeming not to affect the smirk playing on tooru's lips. mocking. 

"because you said you loved me. i'm testing it out." tooru flexes his neck, his veins pulsing in the illumination of the moonlight. he twirls a maleficent finger to hajime's chest— mocking. then his eyes flash in sudden laughter. hajime switches his gaze to the tiled floor, not wanting a monster to see through his shields. 

then again, one simple wink stirs him.

 what a weakling. 

"iwa-chan, no matter what i decide to wield against you, you'll always love me." tooru leans against a table. his tongue flicks over his bottom lip slowly, as if wanting to probe a reaction from the trembling hajime. 

hajime steps back. 

languor seems to have clouded his mind for a while. he blinks. ebbing. flowing. what seemed like a mellifluous tune that emitted from tooru's eyes seemed to have weaved a siren's song in his head. what seemed to be a fantasy seemed to slip past autumn fingers. then came the aftershock that comes after a transfusion of unrequited love.

he refuses to cry. as tears are a weakness. 

he stumbles over his feet as he hurls himself out the door.

his love spills over, the trail staining his feet as he runs away from tooru. 

hajime loves tooru (probably?)

careless