Chapter 15

Aaron's POV

I was awoken by my stupid alarm clock. It read 5:00 am.

"Ugh." I grunted. Sophie was still sound asleep, so I decided to wake her up after I got ready. I brushed my teeth, and put on a hoodie and basketball shorts. I fixed my hair and double checked if I forgot some things. After I was prepared and ready to go, I woke Soph up. "Soph..." I shook her.

"What do you want? It's like the middle of the night." She whispered. I chuckled.

"No Soph, it's 5:15 right now and we need to go to the airport."

"No."

"Soph get up, we need to go."

"Please don't leave me." She whined and pulling me where she was laying down. I tear slipped out of my eye and I quickly wipe it away.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and kneeled down in front of her. I took her hand and kissed her knuckles. "Please get up, I have to go." She sighed and nodded. She stood up and slowly walked to the bathroom. Tears began to fill my eyes, I bit the inside of my cheek to prevent myself from crying. I failed, and my face became damp from all the tears falling from my eyes. I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand and put on my shoes. I heard a knock at the door and answered it. It was Taylor. His features quickly changed when he saw my face. I probably look like a total mess.

"Hey bro, uhm we're uh ready." He stuttered.

"Ok I'll just meet you guys at the lobby." I quietly responded. He just nodded and walked away. Soph stepped out of the bathroom wearing a crew neck, crew socks, leggings, and a beanie. "You ready babe?" I asked.

"Yeah." She said and forced on a smile. I took my bags and went into the hall. She followed and we took the elevator to the lobby. All of the guys were ready and waiting for us.

"Hey!" The guys greeted me.

"Hi!" I smiled.

"Ok, so everyone's ready?" Taylor asked. We all nodded. "Ok, leggo!" Everyone crammed into the van. Shawn put on some Ed Sheeran, and quietly sang along while everyone went on their phones. My hands were locked with Soph's the whole ride. The drive was unusually quiet.

-

I shifted in my seat once we arrived at the airport. Taylor found a decent parking spot and he turned off the engine. Soph tightly squeezed my hand and I sighed. I pursed my lips into a thin line and looked at her. She was on the verge of tears. "Soph please stay strong, I know you can get through this. I promise I'll always be there for you even though I won't be here. I love you ok?" I whispered quietly into her ear. She nodded and bit her bottom lip. We all stepped out and gathered our luggages. Gia was on Jack's back, everyone else was just talking, and Soph and I were in the back, trying to enjoy the last moments we would have together for a while. We went through security and waited for our flight to be called. Soph rested her head on my shoulder and I was listening to my music.

*Flight 406 will be boarding*

We heard the intercom say. I felt Soph tense up. I rubbed her back. "Relax baby, that's the Jack's plane." She relaxed and stood up to say goodbye to the Jacks. We all shared our goodbyes and we all had one last group hug before they left.

*Flight 410 will be boarding*

Nash, Cam, and Hayes stood up. We hugged them and they ran off to their gate.

The next to leave was Shawn.

Then Taylor.

Until I was the last one who had to leave. I tapped my foot on the ground as anxiety filled my whole body.