Chapter 26

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My mouth became dry. I blinked quickly, shaking my head slightly. My arms fell to my sides, freeing her of my embrace. Everyone became silent for quite a while. I finally found the courage to look at her. Her head was down and her hair was hovering over her face.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Sophie," I said quietly. She didn't look up to me. Instead her gaze moved to her trembling hands. I gently put my hand over hers. "Is this true?" I asked. I was hoping it wasn't and that I was just hallucinating or that Matt just said that to make me angry, but somewhere in me already knew that it was. She did selfishly fall for him while I was involuntarily in a coma. Matt is telling the truth. "Please look at me," I said so quietly that only she could hear. She slowly brought her head up to face me. Her lip lightly trembled as we made eye contact.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Her eyes were filled with guilt and fear. She didn't even need to say anything for me to know that it is true. I felt my heart shatter and I let my head fall, breaking our eye contact.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You promised me that you wouldn't leave me," I muttered. I inhaled a shaky breath, trying to choke down a sob. I wouldn't dare to look at her again. If I did, I would've broke down and lost control of everything. I felt a hand over my shoulder. I looked up to see Taylor. I tried to muster up a smile for him but my expression immediately contorted into anger.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You knew didn't you?" I said.

⠀⠀"Yes but-" I cut him off.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀"How could you not tell me! All this time you knew," I looked at the ground in disbelief.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I stood up before anyone else could say anything. I grabbed my hoodie and walked out the door slamming it shut, without even glancing back at her direction. It was nearly 1am. Although I wasn't worried that much, I knew the streets of LA and I surely would rather roam the city this late on some sort of adventure than be stuck in a house with a bunch of people who betrayed me. I began to walk aimlessly through the lamplight streets. I didn't care at all about my safety or where I was at the moment, I was too upset and an emotional wreck.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It wasn't my fucking fault I was put in a coma for so long. However I do understand that she couldn't stay so far away from home for four months just because of me. If I were in her shoes, and she was in a coma for four months, I would've been devastated and depressed. She made me so happy, and it would suck to lose her like that.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She was like my light, and I was hers. And she lost me, and she was trapped in the dark for a long time. Up until she found another light. Matthew. And it hurts like hell to know that I'm not the only person that can make her giggle uncontrollably, or have butterflies erupt in her stomach, or make her feel wanted and beautiful.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I began to feel familiar to the roads and realized that I was near the beach. The beach where I apologized to her for being a complete dick and where I asked her to be my girlfriend.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I walked up to the sand and took my shoes and socks off. I wandered off to the same spot where we had our little picnic. I sat down cross legged and took out my phone. It was almost 3am. I've been walking for two whole hours. I didn't feel tired though, my mind has been distracting me this whole time.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I sighed and stared up at the moon. It was shaped like a toenail. I let myself relax and tried to get rid of my sad emotions, although thoughts of Sophie still lingered in my head.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Aaron!" I heard someone yell in the distance. I looked around, hoping it was Sophie who came here to tell me that it was me all along and that everything was going to be okay because she would stay with me. It wasn't.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It was Cameron. I smiled because I missed him and I haven't seen him in what felt like years. I stood up to give him a hug. "Hey bro I missed you," I told him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Same here," he says, "So I heard what happened." I nod in response. "Listen I know what you're feeling right now is pretty damn tough. And if you two don't work out than I'll be there for you. We all will. We'll have your back no matter what."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Thank you so much for saying that Cam." I sighed and gave him another hug.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"If you still want to stay here, I'm not stopping you so I'm just going to head out. I'll just let the others know that you're okay because we were all worried considering its now almost 4am." he chuckled.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Alright see you later." I said and watched him as he walked off.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I laid back down on the cool sand, tucking both of my hands under my head. It was very quiet, the only other audible sounds were the waves crashing onto the shore and my deep breaths.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I can't lose her.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I groaned as more thoughts about her slipped into my mind.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It's 4am and she's most likely sleeping while I'm laying on the beach, wide awake letting this girl drive my mind absolutely insane.

-

-

-

Yes I know I suck ass for not updating Yes I know I do not deserve the number of reads I have

But thank you all for putting up with my bullshit I love you

-

-

-

Oh and I changed my user on twitter to @tipsyxgilinsky because I can't stay in my lane