Chapter4

We both ate our lunch and then Jerry went to his physics class and I went to Mr. Downey's office.

I knocked on the door.

Come in. He shouted from inside and made my knees go weak. I didn't understand why he started making me nervous. It had only been few hours and I was sure that this is going to be one hell of a year.

I walked in. He was sitting on his chair with legs up on the desk, reading a book.
He was looking so hot, no doubt.
I felt like cold waves hitting me again.

Hey Mr. Downey!

Hey! Come. Have a seat.

I sat in front of him. He was still reading his book and that was annoying but he was looking cute so I just kept staring him.

So what's your name? He asked putting his book down on the table.

Shana. I mean Shanaya but Shana for short.

Okay! Shana. So tell me something about you. I was looking your file. You're a position holder. That's nice. I dont have to work on you much. He said and smiled.

That smile was everything. It made me more nervous and uncomfortable in my seat.

Not really. I mean I just do my work, don't study much. Maybe I'm average and other students are below average. I laughed a very uncomfortable laugh and gave him a weird smile.

He looked at me more than he should and then cleared his throat and moved back in his chair like it was equally awkward for him to talk to me as well.

So, Your name. It's Indian. Are you from India?

No, not really. I was born in India but I'm an American. I came here to study 4 years back and before that I used to live in London where my family is.

Have you ever been to India? I asked casually, trying to have a conversation without sounding like an idiot.

Nope. But I want to visit. It's in my travelling list.

Oh okay.

There was an awkward silence for 5 minutes until I gathered the courage to speak.

So, What did I miss, Sir?

Nothing much. Just the name game and the introduction to Shakespeare life.

That's it? I asked curiously with a eyebrow raised.

Yeah. He nodded his head and smiled at me.

That bright smile could've blind me if I would've looked in his eye.

So why you asked to come here, I mean I didn't miss much?

I wanted to know you. You seem different from the other students. I found you well manner and you were quite all the time. And the main thing is that you were staring me the whole time so I was just curious to know that am I that handsome?

I was shocked. My heart stopped for a second then started thumping inside my chest. What did he just say? Is he flirting with me? He saw me staring at him. Shit.
He wanted to know me. He wanted to talk to me. I was screaming inside. Literally screaming.

Even you were staring me in the last. I gave him a hit back smile with all the confidence and courage I had but I was dying inside.

Well, I know I'm handsome and all your classmates are having a crush on me but I wanted to know that if you're intrested in me? He asked.

I was speechless at that moment.
He was my teacher and what the fuck was going on?

There's nothing Sir. I said blankly.

Okay then! You may go now. It was nice talking to you Shana.

Same here Sir.

I walked out of his office blankly and went outside to the playground.

I sat there thinking about what happened and would I really want to get into this mess. Why did I look at him? Why can't I stop thinking about him and why did he made me so fucking nervous and uncomfortable.

No denying that I was happy. Really happy.
Even I didn't know what was happening. How can a man I barely know could make me smile and happy and nervous like this?

I was so fucking happy that I couldn't stop blushing.

I drove straight to my home and ran to my bedroom and slept thinking about him.