Cas can't sleep

Cas sighed and rolled to the other side of the bed. Being human was hard. All this new stuff he had to think about, all those emotions... and he had to sleep. But he couldn't. It was way after midnight and the former angel lay awake in his bed. It wasn't the first awake night either. Actually, he hadn't really slept a night through since he became a human. And the Winchesters must have noticed it, with that big bags under his eyes, but they didn't know what to do. Sighing once more, he hugged the pillow.

A few minutes later he was as awake as before. He decided to get up. What was the point of lying in a bed at night if you can't sleep? Sleepless he wandered through the bunker. He made a stop at the kitchen and drank some milk. He heard that might help. But in his case it didn't. With a big yawn he got out of the kitchen again. Somehow he ended up in front of Dean's room.

Cas stared at the closed door. He knew, it wasn't locked. Slowly and silently he opened the door. Dean lay in his bed, hard asleep. The former angel sighed. Why couldn't he sleep? Careful, to not wake up the hunter, Cas sat down at the edge of Dean's bed. He looked so peaceful, when he slept. So calm. A smile crept its way onto Cas' lips. For a while, he just watched the hunter. His hunter. Then he felt, finally, the numbness of coming slumber. But now he was too tired to walk back all the way to his room. So he simply lay down next to Dean. Eventually he could sleep. And in the sleep the former angel hugged he hunter.

When Dean woke up, he couldn't move. Something, or someone, was on top of him. Instinctively, he reached for the knife under his pillow. When the hunter opened his eyes, he couldn't believe what he saw. There, half on top of him, lay Cas. He was finally asleep after days without sleep. Dean couldn't help but smile at the angel sleeping. He was so cute, lying there, his precious face on Dean's chest. He was even snoring a little. Wait... what was he thinking?! Cas being cute? He wasn't gay! The hunter was definitively into girls. Dean shook his head and then tried to crawl out under Cas without waking him. At first, it didn't work. Every time he would move, Cas gave a complaining noise from him. He almost decided to stay in the bed and just enjoying Cas being that close. But he was hungry. Carefully, he hold the former angel's body up and moved from underneath him. Then he lay Cas back down and covered him with a blanket. Quietly, he left the room.

In the kitchen he met Sam. "Mornin, Dean" Sam yawned. "Good morning, Sammy!" Dean said. His brother gave him a curious look. "I wonder what you were dreaming about..." he mumbled, and left with a cup of coffee. Laughing, Dean made himself coffee.

~~

A/N: this one was a bit short so... would you like a part two?