Stuffed Animals

Cas looked after the cat with sad eyes. He had been cuddling it for some time but now it went off, back to its life on the street. Dean watched Cas from afar. He had seen how Cas met the cat and stroked it. During that, Dean had gone shopping as they originally had driven here to get some things.

"Hey Cas" Dean smiled as he went over to Cas. His boyfriend looked over up at him. "Hello, Dean" he said and stood up from his crouching position. "Had fun with that cat?" Dean asked and Cas stared longingly down the road the cat had walked down. "Yes. It was so fluffy!" the angel hold back a squeal. Dean chuckled.

He laid one arm around his angel as they walked back to the impala, in the other hand Dean was holding the bag with the few things they needed. He sneezed as a cat hair from Cas' trench coat flew up. Cas noticed it and got out under Dean's arm. "Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot" he said, worried. Dean squeezed Cas' cheek. "It's okay, angel" he said.

~

Dean smiled as he packed out the last piece of the shopping bag in his room. It was a little stuffed cat with black fur and big blue eyes. Dean had bought it because it reminded him of Cas. Also it was the perfect gift for his boyfriend. In a few days would be their second anniversary of them being a couple and Dean wanted this day to be special even though they had agreed on not going out somewhere.

Cas had always wanted a cat. But with their lifestyle and Dean being allergic to cats it was impossible to get one. Sometimes the angel was sad because he wanted to cuddle one of those fluffy animals but at the same time he didn't want to leave the bunker without warning and so scare Dean. Dean hoped that this gift would help the angel and make him smile more because god knows he needed to see his angelic smile more often.

There was a soft knock on the door that startled Dean at first until he heard Sam's voice asking through the door. "Dean? Is Cas with you?" "No, Sam. I'm alone" he answered and the door opened. Sam had crashed in on Cas and Dean in suspicious positions way too often and learned to be careful by entering one of their rooms. "What is it Sammy?" Dean asked. "I just wanted to know what you had planned for Sunday. Y'know, yours and Cas' anniversary. Just in case you need me out of the way or something" "oh well, Cas and I agreed on a movie night here so you should probably be safe as long as you not walk into my room" Sam nodded.

Suddenly Dean had the perfect idea for a hiding spot for Cas' gift. "Sam, could you hide this in your room somewhere? I don't want Cas to see this before Sunday, you know" Sam smiled. "Aww, you got a little gift for Cas?" "Shut up!" Dean blushed. Sam laughed. He loved how he still make Dean blush when Cas was the topic. His brother and the angel both were so much happier since they got together and Sam was happy for them. They deserved it. "Of course I'm gonna hide it" Sam said and Dean looked relieved. "Thanks Sammy"

The younger Winchester took the bag with the gift for Cas with him. In the quiet of his room he looked inside and awed a little. A black stuffed cat looked at him through big blue eyes out of the bag. Cas loved cats and he'll definitely love this gift. He put it in his closet, opposite to Cas' gift for Dean, which were concert tickets for some classic rock concert.

~

The day had finally come. Two years since Cas had talked about his strange feelings in his naivety and Dean took the opportunity to be brave enough and confess his feelings for the angel. Two years since this moment of history making and it started out as a normal day with breakfast for three in the morning and casual chatting while eating.

Later that day the couple decided to bake a pie together while Sam was in the library and read a book.

While the pie was in the oven, Dean put on some music and pulled Cas with him to where they had enough space to dance. Sam had walked over to get himself a drink but as he saw them there dancing he decided to not intrude on their private time. Not today anyway.