5. The Tour Bus

It approached 7 am.

Van and I fell asleep next to each other. No, nothing happened. Van triggered a memory from when I first ever met his parents: Mary and Bernard (Bernie). They were both so lovely. Bernie was exactly like Van, very outgoing, very kindhearted, just like Mary, although she was a typical mum, feeding him because she thought he was just skin and bones, since touring a lot makes you busy..you know the drill. She loved to cook food for us both and the boys when they came around.

"So where's the first stop?" I asked Bob, the one with curly hair and glasses.

"America." He said, whilst fiddling with a small canon camera.

"America?" I sounded pretty surprised since Van hadn't mentioned anything about going to America, also, I've never been before.

"Didn't Van tell you?" Bob's lips turned into a grin. "That's Van for you." He chuckled and I looked around the place with my eyes. I remember Bondy telling me where everything is on the bus, however, he didn't show me where the set of stairs at the back of the bus lead to. For the bottom floor, which me and Bob were on with the some of the management team, there was to the right hand side of the bus, there are black leather seats what run along the length of the bus and stops mid-way until you reach the wall with a small tv on, just like the other side, but on that side there were only 4 single leather seats, 2 by 2, a pair facing the wall which was to the back of the bus and then the others facing the front of the bus - what then lead to a table in the middle of the other two seats to make it like a table. Then if you walked down the small pathway of the bus, keeping to the right, there was a fridge and a small counter where they had a sink and would make cups of teas and "roll a smoke" as Van would say. Carrying on, then there would be a toilet through a small door then the set of stairs.

"Hey Bob, what's upstairs?" I asked curiously as I snapped out of my daydream from eyeballing the bus.

"Just beds and stuff, go up, have a browse if you want." His eyes looked up to mine, from his camera and smiled. I smiled, still weary but I went along and climbed the stairs. I looked to my left as it was just a door saying "Paul and Larry's chuckle suite", I left it since privacy reasons and walked down the thin pathway. On each side of the bus, there was two sets of beds, like bunk beds but had more privacy if wanted. As I carried on walking down, there were more beds, 3 in fact. I gathered it was for the management. They were still in the same style as the others, until you reached a door. I knocked and Bondy opened the door.

"Ey, it's Grace!" Van cheered and invited me to sit next to him on one of the leather seats. I smiled politely with a quiet giggle to myself as I took the seat. I looked as Larry sat opposite him, attempting to roll up a cigarette. Benji sat next to Larry and was on his phone, a cigarette lit in his hand and next to Benji was Bondy. The lights were dim and green neon lights complimented the room.

"Welcome to the alligator lounge!" Bondy spread out his arms in front of him, almost hitting Benji, to which he glared then rolled his eyes with a sly grin.

"Yeah, this is where we come to light one up, have a ciggie, roll a smoke." Van comfortably placed his arm around the back of the seat which I sat at. He didn't have his coat on, an unusual sight.

"You're lucky, we don't allow girls in 'ere." Benji cheerfully took a drag of his cigarette. It was pretty dark since there were no windows, just a small tv which were turned off. I felt the side of Van's foot touch mine and his fingertips dance lightly on my shoulder. It was weird, but I liked it? I wasn't used to this kind of atmosphere, but I didn't want to be rude, so I sat there and listen to them chatter, Van commenting on how bad Larry's rolling was. Gradually, I felt Van's hips touch mine and his hand rested fully around my shoulder.

I turned my head to look up to him, still dark, only the roll up lighting up his face, the orange glow illuminated his green eyes as he turned to look down to me. Benji complained at Bondy's music taste (c'mon just because he doesn't want to listen to Tame Impala) as well as Larry butting in, suggesting they play some of the songs which he had requested hours ago. I found it strange how I could daydream into such beautiful eyes, they were so mesmerising. I saw his eyes faintly look down to my lips before meeting my eyes again. A small smile curled to his lips amongst the neon lights and the arguing, that I saw his face creep slowly to my face. I thought he was going to kiss me, he didn't. His lips went to my ear. His breathing was steady and tickled me, making goosebumps raise to my skin as his raspy voice whispered:

"I like you Gracie, even after all the shit I did to you."