Chapter Two : The Crow And The Fire Bird

Bucky's P.O.V

The girl from the ice box escaped from me. The girl who shouldn't have woken , well did so. I should have killed her instead of giving in with the kiss. But that slobbery thing was a gift after all as I was her "Savoir" and all. 

I should try to get her out of my mind as she kept me up all night.  So what I missed one? I failed a few others back in my day. She's  just one woman.

That doesn't mean that I am not angry with it. I am in flames because of it. A woman who I could have killed in her sleep had woken up and slipped out of my hands. My hands pushed down my gun as it hit the ground hard. I pulled my mask off and relaxed for a moment before the number one person that I didn't want to see enter.

Alexander Pierce walks in. My employer and head of HYDRA . He always seemed so professional when he comes here.  Secretly this is his true form as he is" friend" of my next target: Nick Fury. He adjusted his glasses and smiled at me as he sat down on the bench next to me. I looked away from him as I couldn't look at him in the eyes.

"So she escaped." He said. I taken a deep breath as he kept on talking to me" How did a cursed woman do it?"

I remained silent as he continued.

"Weak gotten soft over some women. I bet that you were the one who kissed her" He hissed.

Those were strong words. Maybe he was right about getting a bit soft over a woman like that  . I still kept silent as he kept on bitching over my failures.

Failure

Trash

Coward

 I couldn't take any of this crap  that he was giving off to me. As I stood up Alexander cleared his throat as I turned my head and looked down upon  him.

"This woman is the next highlight assassination . Nick Fury is your primary target please follow your orders. Next time you see Anne kill her and bring her body here."

I tilted my head in confusion. That wasn't part of the plan, it was to just dump her body in a ditch . Why keep a body of a woman now REALLY dead. I then questioned his actions.

"Why bring her body here?" I ask him.

Alexander was shocked that I spoke. It was the first time I spoke since I was awaken. He had shaken his head and stood up. He placed his hand on my shoulders.

"To make more good soldiers like you. We need more like you . Her power's were nothing at first, now looking at her escaping routines against our best soldier, I think its time for you to have  a partner "

I still didn't get it" In what way sir?"

"As in whatever you see it as" He said patting me on the shoulders and leaving me in my thoughts.

What I am not good enough for him? Was it supposed to be an insult in my account or a compliment? But I feel so useless now. Was I just some toy for HYDRA and was a trial when a person like this came along. A partner, like I need one like her. A woman who ran away from her fate . But maybe a girl with powers of fire is just what we need. Her breath must turn a man to ashes just by one blow. But we would need to fix her "running away " objective. 

But maybe she had ran because she didn't know me. Seventy years is a long time for a woman to be out. Her family must be dead, her friends shot and killed during the war. The technology must frighten her, the way we dress must disgust her taste. Heck I might have scared her in more then one way.