Chapter Six: The Weak

Anne's P.O.V

I am FAR too trusting.

I have given up. I tried to tap the glass on the cell as people passed by, they all just walked away as if I wasn't there. After all of that, I just given up as I rested my head against my bed as I close my eyes.

"Weak! stupid and useless you are. How can a child of mine be like this" Dad exclaimed in German. He had violently kicked me to the ground as I just stood there. He was beating a helpless seventeen year old who isn't a kind of person he was.

He wanted me to be strong a powerful, he wanted me to live in this world. He wanted to pass down his power to me after his death. Yet he seemed not to convinced that he was placing this duty in the right hands. He could have passed it to his top officer Sargent Khan, but he passed it along to me.

I hated Khan he was ruthless and hated me so much. I was weak and stubborn at the time and he would always advise it. He would yell at me to train harder and kick me when I was too slow.

Those were the days..

Yet now I am stuck inside a cell . My habits of trusting have brought me to this fate.

A man is being dragged down the hall. The man was chained down and the two guards had pushed him to mine! The man glanced at me as the guard opened the door.

The guards pushed him in with me and glanced at him just moments before the two left.

The man was middle aged. His blonde hair was messy as his head bowed down . His blue eyes never left mine.

" hello" I mouth.

"Hi" he breathes as he stood up and moved towards me. "What is your name?"

"Anne, Anne Shmidt" I say.

He nods "Curtis Conners, former scientist at OSCORP"

I thought of Max Dillon, the man that I had met on the street last night. He mentioned about working there, so there may be chance that he used to know Max.

"Know Max Dillon" I mouth out the words.

"The electrician ? Yea, he now raises my child Lynnsey." He responds. He notices that he may need to be more clear with me then that" I was the giant lizard that attacked New York 2 years ago."

I shaken my head, having no hot clue on what he just told me  Gods, now a giant lizard attacking the city? I DID miss a lot . ' I woken up from a sleeping curse two days ago, I am not fully caught up yet Curt"

Curt now recognised me." Your the Anne that my parents told me so much about! My parents told me stories about you and your unique mutation. So you were gone for what? sixty years?"

"Seventy" I correct him. But he continued his explanation noticing that he went off topic.

"I got arrested, my child taken away from me, now I am locked up in Shield!" He paused thinking on the person who he was talking to "Why are you even here?"

I tried to explain to him what had happened over the past forty eight hours from waking up, being almost killed, saving Nick Fury, meeting the Winter Soldier and how I got locked up in here. He had completely understood me as he seemed rather concerned .

"Wow, must be as strong as my family told me,  but your also too trusting I hear" He points out. " Must be true because you just trusted a man to put you in here. But you remind me of her.."

"Who?"

"My adoptive daughter Lynnsey, she isn't a mutant completely. Her mother , my sister  fell in love with a asagardian man a long time ago. They had her, my sister left and I was to raise her. She must feel so lost now. Everyone in her family is gone. "