TWELVE.

( book i, CHAPTER TWELVE )

          THE NEXT FEW DAYS CAME QUICKLY

THE NEXT FEW DAYS CAME QUICKLY. Eliza had gone off to the Garrison for work, but before hand, she had dropped Ronan off at Tommy's- to Tommy's request. He was taking Ronan out for the day, while she went to work. Ever since Tommy had visited them that late night, Ronan and he had never been closer- as it seems.

Eliza had been serving the customers some drinks when she saw Grace take a bucket of flat beer towards the door. She didn't think much of it until she heard the blonde woman begin apologizing profusely.

Wiping her hands off on her apron, Eliza walked towards the scene with a confused face, "Is everything alright, Grace?"

"Yes, I just wasn't looking at where I was tossing the beer. I am sorry again, Mr. Shelby."

Tommy nodded at her, but his focus remained on Eliza who turned to acknowledge him beside the horse. She looked at the white beauty and the boy who sat atop it with a giddy grin on his lips.

"Lizzie, look! Tommy let me ride today!"

Eliza chuckled as she walked up the horse and stroked its face, "He's a beauty. What'd Tommy say his name was, love?"

Ronan tilted his head to the side before turning to look at Tommy, who answered for him, "He doesn't have a name."

Elizabeth sent him a soft smile before patting the horse a final time and stepping back beside Grace. Before Eliza could respond, Grace quickly spoke up, "Poor boy deserves a name."

Tommy's eyes trailed away from the brunette as he glanced emotionlessly at Grace, who stood staring at Tommy awkwardly.

"You have something to say to me?"

Grace looked at Eliza before turning back to the Shelby, "The other night you came into the pub when I was singing," she paused, "You said singing wasn't allowed. I'd like there to be one night a week when there is singing."

Tommy sighed and looked towards Eliza. She sent him a gentle smile, "I think it is a good idea, Thomas. Maybe Saturday nights?"

"Harry was too afraid to ask you, so..." the blonde trailed off.

"But you're not," Tommy stated blatantly.

"I am, but I love to sing," she replied.

Tommy narrowed his eyes at her, "You sound like one of those rich girls who comes over from Dublin for the races."