two onions and a cat

"Honeeeeey, I'm home!"

You slammed the door behind you and kicked off your shoes, your bra coming off shortly after. Two empty bowls of what used to be oatmeal sat on the coffee table, and the black jacket you meant to take to school still hung on the back of the couch.

Ahh yes, exactly how left it... Now where the hell is-

"Meoowrrr."

Out of nowhere, your fat ass cat appeared, rubbing himself up against your leg. He let out some loud purrs, continuing to harass your leg with his fluffy body.

Sounds more like a car engine if you ask me.

"How was your day, Quirk? Catch any mice?"

He looked up at you and tilted his head, his green eyes baring into your soul.

This isn't fucking Tom and Jerry.

"Damn, looks like someone's in a bad mood."

The joints in your knees popped as you crouched down, getting eye level with your sassy feline friend.

I still don't know if it's a good or bad thing that I can read his mind.

You patted his white furry head and scratched under his chin, knowing that was his favorite spot.

I haven't eaten anything since you left for school, of course I'm grumpy.

The scraggly cat then followed you as you walked into the kitchen, his paws making tiny tapping sounds against the wood.

"Soooo, you're mad right now?"

Yup.

"Hmm," you reached for the fridge handle and looked down at him. "I guess that makes you-"

Please don't.

"-a sour puss."

Whatever the hell your cat said next was lost to you as your quirk ran out.

"I can't hear you anymore, hope you know that."

"Meeooowooww."

And I can't speak cat. Yet.

You swung open the fridge door to find it more barren than the Sahara desert.

Guess I forgot to go grocery shopping.

"Well Quirk, looks like-"

Hang on, there's something in the back!

The frosty air from the fridge gave you a chill down your spine as you stuck your head in.

So... two onions and a half eaten can of tuna.

Your stomach growled and you looked back at your equally hungry cat. He's lucky I love him.

"Good news! I have some tuna," you unwrapped the top of the can and set it on the floor, "bon appetit, mon chat!"

You glanced back over at the two onions sitting on the top shelf.

Yeah... no thanks.

In an attempt to ignore the pangs of hunger running throughout your body, you ran back into the living room and dived onto the couch.