rock hard roach

"Yooooo, Katsuki, I'm home!"

Bakugou's mom strode into the house, groceries slung over her shoulder. I stood on the dimly lit porch, tightly gripping the giant bag of cat food I bought.

If I go in there and see Bakufuck, there's at least an 87% chance he'll kill me.

I looked up at Mitsuki, who was giving me a 'what the fuck are you doing' kinda look. BUT, I'm pretty sure his mom won't take no for an answer.

She cleared her throat, "...You can come in, we don't bite!"

Uh, I think the fuck you DO.

"Have you met your son?" I smirked, walking through the door. Bakugou's mom laughed, stepping behind me to lock the door.

No turning back now.

Swiveling my head back and forth, I looked around and tried to assess the situation. Two stories, average size, nice wood floors, and very cozy. Plus, no sign of that explosive little fucker.

"-forget it when you leave."

I looked up at his mom.

Shit was she talking? I really need to stop doing that.

"U-Uh, sorry M-Mrs. Bakugou, what'd you say?"

Bakugou's mom sighed, "Sheesh kid," she placed her free hand on my head and ruffled my hair, "sometimes I wonder what's going on up there."

Me too, honestly.

She pointed at the blue bag of Neko Nibbles I was holding, "I said, 'You can set the cat food by the door, just don't forget it when you leave."

"Oh," I let out a half-laugh," thanks, Mrs-"

"-And how many times do I have to tell you to call me Mitsuki?"

I set the bag down next to the shoes and dusted my hands off. "Sorry, I'm just-wait, is that Bakugou?"

An old wooden frame sat on a shelf just behind Mitsuki. I reached and grabbed it, holding it up to the light. A tiny, chubby-faced blonde kid stood smiling next to an even smaller green-haired kid. The blonde boy held a ball under his arm, and the green-haired kid was staring at him at him as if he was some sort of idol.

I'd recognize those freckles anywhere.

"What's he doing with Izuku?"

I turned to look at Mitsuki, whose facial expression was unreadable. Her gaze was hazy, obviously remembering something from the past. The corners of her mouth were turned up with a smile, but something about her scarlet eyes screamed sadness.

"H-Hey, what's say we cook something before all these ingredients go bad?"

She shook her head, forgetting about whatever memories she was just reminiscing, and nodded.

"Follow me to the kitchen, I'll teach you how to make my famous curry!"

Mitsuki smiled as if nothing happened, bouncing down the hallway like a happy kid.

What the hell was that all about? It seemed way too personal to just read her mind.

"You comin'?"

"Of course," I bounded down the hallway after her, "I love me some curry!"

~~~~

"KATSUKI," Mitsuki rammed the wooden end of the broom against the ceiling once more, "THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO GET DOWN HERE AND TAKE OUT THE TRASH BEFORE I COME UP AND BEAT YOUR ASS!"