Three - Fireworks

A haze of smoke blurred across the flickering television screen. Controllers lay scattered about the room, tangled in cords and fog. Michael looked over at Jeremy, who was giggling and making incoherent noises in the back of his throat. His eyes were like slits.
    "You sound like a dinosaur." Another snort of laughter. As blurry as Michael's mind was, his heart lifted at the sound. The room grew a little warmer and a little brighter for a moment.
    Jeremy was collapsed on a beanbag, staring up at the ceiling. His eyes were wide now. A lazy smile played along his lips.
    "Dude, there are fireworks in my mouth."
    "Cool, dude. Do it again." He lay there for a minute, just breathing through his mouth. Nothing happened. "Jeremy?"
    "Can't do it. Shouldn't do it."
    "Do what, man?"
    "Make fire. Not supposed to... Secret something. I don't remember." Michael blinked a bit, looking at his friend. Fireworks of his own played in Michael's mind. How high was Jeremy? Could he get away with this?
    "I can make fire," he mumbled into his sweatshirt.
    "Really?" A tired excitement hung in Jeremy's voice. Michael shifted over to him. They were close, their smoky breath mixing in their eyes.
    "Mmhm." Without letting himself stop to think past the weed, Michael touched his lips to Jeremy's.
    They were hot, like smoldering coals. It almost hurt to touch them, but Michael pressed their faces together, a stronger heat in his chest. He pulled away for breath. Jeremy lay there with wide eyes, blushing bright pink. A stunned reptilian sound bubbled in his throat. Sparks floated on his breath. Bright orange sparks like dancing fireflies. Michael blinked, half-aware that he was probably seeing stars.
    "Dude, did you just?" Jeremy stared at him. Michael wouldn't look him in the eye.
    "Yup?" His heart was beating too fast.
    "Okay, cool." Michael's heart skipped.
    "Really?"
    "Mmhm," Jeremy said, smiling a little. "You make good fire." Michael looked up at him, their eyes meeting.
    "You have cool eyes. They're like... sharp." Jeremy laughed, more sparks dancing in the air. His grin was sharp, too. Michael smiled. Sharp, starry, and smoky.
    They drifted to sleep as the television flickered through the haze.