Eight - Just Lizard Things

If there was one class Michael hated, it was gym. He would rather be doing just about anything else: taking the world's hardest test, going cold turkey on video games for a month, maybe even being Squipped. Okay, that last one was a stretch.
     Thank Bob Marley Jeremy was in the class too. Of all the times he needed it to be a two player game.
     "Ugh, it smells like rotten eggs in here," Jeremy said with a grimace, licking his lips. Michael smirked. It had always been a cute quirk of his boyfriend. His tongue was rarely in his mouth. Michael could see the glamour flicker around the reptilian shape, but no one else would be able to tell.
     "It always has, bro. Never noticed before?"Jeremy flushed a bit and covered his lips with his hand.
     "I tend to leave my tongue in my mouth during gym class," Jeremy muttered. Michael snickered.
     "You smell with your tongue?"
     "Haven't you ever heard of tasting the air?"
     "Sure dude. It's just." Michael fought his words out between laughs. "I didn't know you were a snake." Jeremy stuttered. A slight roar passed between his teeth as his face went pink. It was faint and hiss-like. Michael doubled over, gasping for breath.
     "Shut up," Jeremy said through the handkerchief he had pressed up against his mouth. Jeremy hated having to use the cloth tissue, saying it made him feel like an old lady. Michael thought it was kinda cute. Quirky. Jeremy could pull off the elderly look. He rocked a cardigan, for fuck's sake.
     "Why are you still wearing that?" He asked, giggles calming.
     "What do you mean?"
     "The sweater, dude. Pretty sure that's not part of the gym uniform." It wasn't. Everyone else stood around awkwardly in white t-shirts and shorts. Jeremy blushed again and pulled the navy knit tighter around him.
     "I get cold, okay?"
     "You wore it all summer, too. What, are you cold-blooded?"
     "I think so." Michael's jaw dropped. He snorted.
     "Really, dude? You're like a little space heater most of the time and you're telling me you're cold-blooded?"
     "Yes?" Michael was tearing up from laughing so much. Jeremy finally joined in. They were interrupted by the coach, calling them to attention.
     "So," Michael whispered out of the corner of his mouth as the man droned on. "What exactly does the inside of my mouth smell like?" He winked.
     "Michael!"