Chapter 1

It's a boring Monday morning and I have no energy whatsoever, my eyes wouldn't even consider opening. But then I realised I had to wake up. To be precise I actually woke up at 5:30am just so I had enough time to get ready and help Aunt Sarah, The birds weren't even up yet. Aunt Sarah asked me why I was still in bed, I told her "I had just woke up and I have a headache." She told me "come on sleepy head we have a big day ahead of us." We're travelling back home by car because the plane was too expensive.

About an hour later, were prepared to go. We both get in the car and I immediately put in my earphones in my ears and turn on Nirvana because they're my favourite band and also because it's 6 hour drive to Tampa. The first few minutes of the drive I was thinking of mum and how much I miss her. I remembered all the car rides mum and I used to go on because we just wanted to go places but now she's gone and no car rides or travels will ever be the same.

2 hours into the drive the scenery started to become dull and it was all land, no buildings or houses. We turned onto the next corner and then Aunt Sarah suggested we stop somewhere to get food. We both agree on a random cafe right around the corner. We stop at the front of the cafe and parked the car. The cafe didn't look very promising but it was all we had at the time. Aunt Sarah reaches for her wallet so she can bring it in with her. Meanwhile, I'm already outside waiting for her.

Just before we open the medium-sized red door to go in, Blake calls me and I get such bad butterflies in my stomach. Now you're probably wondering who Blake is, well, Blake Cameron is my boyfriend of 3 years. We've been doing long distance for 2 years when I was living with Aunt Sarah. He visited me a few times on summer and spring break so we could see each other. We started dating about a year before I moved away. His voice is so manly and deep but to me it's so soft and sweet. I love listening to him speak because it's mesmerises me.

The first thing he said as always was "Hey beautiful, how is my princess?" I replied "I'm good, I'm finally coming home I can't wait to see you and the girls, I miss you all so much!"
He said "I can't wait to see you, I have a big suprise for you when you get here." Then he said "I have to go right now but call me when you get to your new house and we'll go out." "Okay, see you soon. I love you." I said, "I love you more." He said. Then I ended the call and went in to eat.

The set-out of the cafe was so earthy. There was plants everywhere and flowers, the inside of the cafe was gorgeous.The food there was average. I ordered a chicken salad, the tomatoes were soft and the chicken tasted a little bland but otherwise it was nice. When we finished our food we got back in the car and started driving again.

A little while later I fell asleep because I was still so tired. The rest of the car ride was just me waking up and falling asleep. When we finally got to Tampa, I was so excited I wanted to scream. I messaged Blake and the girls that I was here. Jayden and Gabriella are my two best friends they tried to visit me almost every fortnight. When they did it was the best times ever. The girls and I would have sleepovers, paint each others nails, have pillow fights and gossip.

We pulled up to the college where I was going to stay. I stayed in a dorm with Gabriella, Jayden and another girl that we recently made friends with, her name is Nash short for Nashaley and she actually came with the girls a few times to visit me.

I called Gabi and told her to tell Jayden and Nash I was outside. Not even two seconds later, all three run out of the double doors screaming. We all gave each other massive hugs. I turned around to look at Aunt Sarah who was staring at me with such amazement and passion. She started crying, I ran to her and gave her a hug. I slowly started to cry, then she said to me "I'm so proud of you." Before I could say anything she wiped my tears and said "I love you, your mum would be so proud of you." I told her "I love you so much, I'm so grateful and forever will be grateful to you for the past two years." Those words were so hard to get out of my mouth because I had the biggest lump in my throat and couldn't speak.

I wiped away my tears from my cheeks and cleared my throat. My cheeks and eyes started getting really red and hot. Aunt Sarah said "I'll see you real soon, this isn't goodbye," and then she said it again "I love you." I replied "I love you too." Then she got in her small black car, waved goodbye and then drove off. My heart sank seeing her go. I knew I'd see her again and we'd catch up. I couldn't help but think what my life would be like because I wasn't living with her anymore or how empty my life was going to be because she wasn't going to be there anymore when I wanted to tell her something only family should hear and not a friend or when I just wanted to talk to her in general, But the next chapter of my life began in that moment.