12: Halloween Ball (1)

Halloween has gripped the school, suits of armor replaced with scarecrows, magical bats placed by the magic students flap about the halls, and candles glow inside floating pumpkins, pumpkin pie on the tables, turkey, full hams. Pumpkin juice and apple cider filling the students mugs.

Students wander the halls in masks and costumes, the werewolves of course, getting confused at some of the wolf-like costumes.

Sadly, Neither Aaron nor Aphmau can enjoy the festivities, with classes, Alpha duties, and the threat of Drake looming over them, they barely notice the jacko' lanterns floating over their heads.

"Guys!" Someone calls to them as they trudge down the hallway, they look behind them to see Katelyn and her little brother Kasey.

"Hey Katelyn." Aphmau tries to look excited to see her best friend, but in reality she's too stressed and exhausted to attempt."

"Woah, what happened to you two, you look like you just fought a war." Kasey pipes up, he's a head shorter than his sister, with the same shade of powder blue hair.

"That sounds about right..." Aaron replies with a tired chuckle, loosely holding his girlfriends hand.

"We've got a lot on our mind, don't worry about it, what's up?" Aphmau finishes for him, bags under her eyes.

"Oh, well, the school is throwing a ball, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a double date?" Katelyn's face goes slightly pink, and Kasey snickers loudly.

"Wait, Your going on a date?!" Aphmau suddenly asks in excitement, and if anything Katelyn's blush gets darker.

"I mean yeah, with... with Travis..." Aaron smirks and lifts his brow in both surprise and amusement.

"Travis? But... I thought you hated him?" Aphmau asks confused, but Kasey snickers harder, earning a glare from his sister.

"No. I don't hate him, he's really fixed up his act." She says almost too softly for anyone to hear.

"They kissed!" Kasey yells at the top of his lungs before legging it the opposite direction to avoid his older sisters wrath.

Aaron turns away to laugh, and Aphmau has stars in her eyes the size of bin lids.

"Awww!" Aphmau hugs her bestie, and Katelyn seems to have gone completely red, it gets worse when Travis rounds the corner.

His cheeks tint pink when he sees her, he quickly grabs her attention, and strolls up to the group, Katelyn turning away from him immediately.

"Hey! What's wrong Katie?" He notices her silence and makes a movement to grab her hand, but she turns back and flicks her hand out of sight.

"Nothing, I'm fine." She says quickly, turning back to the couple that are smiling ear to ear.

"So? Will you go?" They look at each other, and they both chuckle.

"Yeah, we'll go, we need a break from stress anyway." Aaron grabs Aphmau's hands and kisses her forehead, not prepared for this, Aphmau's face goes pink.

"What was that for?" She asks as Katelyn and Travis watch with interest.

"What, can't I kiss you?" Aaron smirks at Aphmau's increasingly red face, they'd never kissed in front of anyone, or outside their dorm.

"Travis!" The couple looks over to see Travis attempting to kiss Katelyn on the cheek, in return, he got a rough shove into the wall.

It is honestly a miracle that he didn't get punched, but Katelyn is blushing, and she starts walking away.

"Katie! Wait!" Travis runs to follow her, his wild mane of white hair whirling behind him.

Inside their dorm, they get ready, Aphmau in a long white, laced dress. It was once her mother's, she wore it to her sisters wedding.

Aaron, doesn't have many nice clothes, eventually he finds his grandfathers old black tux tucked deep, deep inside the two's closet, he had almost forgotten he had it, it came with a vibrant purple tie.

They change out of view from each other, and when they meet in the living room, it's almost like they've fallen in love again.

Aaron's mind goes into overdrive, her white dress flows like a pure ocean behind her, a purple flower dawns her wrist and her black hair contrasts perfectly with it, his heart, stops.

Slowly he approaches her,  his breath shaky. And places his hand on her cheek, Aphmau smiles and if anything it just solidifies the fact that he is going to spend the rest of his life with her.

"You look beautiful." He plants a long, slow kiss on her lips, and then they walk towards Travis's and Kasey's dorm, hand in hand.