18: Drake's Return

Drake glances at the angry faces of all the werewolves around him, then stares into the red eyes that he had come to hate.

"No. Do you?" In an instant, Aaron was thrown into the wall with such force it knocked him out cold instantly.

Blackness traps every werewolf inside the room with him all of them not wavering some even ready themselves.

"You've really brought me everything? I didn't think you were so dumb." With a crack the blackness covering the walls constrains the werewolves and the ink holding Aphmau holds tighter, she can barely breath.

"You've given me more than enough magic!" With one last crunch, the werewolves let out a collective scream of pain as the ink crushes them.

Aaron arouses just in time to see every single werewolf fall to the ground as the ink loosens around them, their life force drained, and the color fading from their skin.

Drake rises into the air, the life filling him, he breaths in deeply, black flames exploding from his hands and his eyes turning black.

"HahaHAHAHAHA!" His laugh seems to explode and thump around the room, Aaron feels something warm and familiar ride in his chest.

That's when he felt the searing pain of his bond with Aphmau break in half, he yells in pain and falls to the ground.

The ink around her lifeless body rips and she falls to the floor, motionless.

Aaron feels first rage, then a roar coming from
The bowels of his own being, like his body was ripping in half with pure anger, he feels something unfurl from his back, but he doesn't notice, all he see's is red.

Two pure white wings unfurl from his shoulders, and he's eyes change from red to a golden satin and he feels something burst from
His hands.

His fur forms but instead of coal black it's pure white, and a voice that wasn't his escape his mouth.

"This ends now." They clash in the middle of the blackened room white on black and black on white, flame on flame and golden on red.

"Does it? I have all your friends, and you have only a fraction of my power!" Aaron gets flung into the air, the golden flame in his hand stuttering.

"You can't even control it!" Black flames dart around him, burning blisters onto his skin, and setting fire to his large feathered wings.

Aaron hits the ground, his wings shielding him from most of the flames. He looks down at his hands.

"What is happening? What is this?" His eyes fall on Aphmau's lifeless body once more, and he feels the hot tears start dripping from his face.

"Awww, little puppy misses his lover." Drake grins, a sadistic stare boring into Aaron's soul, and rage takes control again.

"She would've wanted you dead." The same golden aura that surrounded him before is brighter now, and the flames in his hand grow even brighter.

"Would she, why don't we ask her?" He lifts his hands and Aphmau stands, though her movements are not natural, and when she opens her eyes, they are a black as night.

"Do you want me dead sweetheart?" There is silence at first, Aaron looking on in disbelief, and Aphmau, or more, her body smirks.