Chapter 3

Rosemary didn't know what was happening, she saw Wayne freaking out like he was about to explode. She asked him if he was okay but he didn't answer and ran inside faster than her brain could register. There she stood, not knowing what to do, not able to move, all she could do was stare at the spot where Wayne stood just a few seconds ago.

Suddenly Rosemary heard a scream coming from the house that woke her from her daydream. She ran towards the sounds and didn't know what was happening. Her grandmother was screaming her lungs out while sitting in a corner.

'What happened grandmother? Where is granddad? Grandmother! Please calm down! Tell me.' Her grandmother was too shocked to talk so after a few sobs later she pointed in the direction of the kitchen. Rosemary stood up and ran to the little chamber where her grandparents spent most of their time in as they liked to cook and bake. Once at the door she heard whimpers and growls. What was going on? It sounded like a dog, but why would grandmother be afraid of dogs and would granddad be in there getting rid of it? If so was Wayne helping?

Not waiting any longer Rosemary opened the door and looked around. There on the kitchen floor, she saw a person lying down with their face facing the ground. She nervously walked overseeing the red puddle under the body. The closer she got, it became clear who it was.

'Granddad!' Rosemary ran to him to check if he was still breathing which he luckily was. 'Granddad! Are you okay? What happened?' She asked with tears streaming down her red cheeks. 'Watch out.' He breathed out. Rosemary knew he wouldn't make it without some help. Rosemary walked to the door and ordered her grandmother to take her cellphone from her jacket and call an ambulance. When she nodded her head Rosemary went back to her grandfather. 'Granddad. What do you mean to watch out? For what?' The ambulance needs to be here quick otherwise he would die. 'Wolf.' He stuttered out. 'No! Stay with me. Please don't leave me, don't leave me, grandmother. Please!'

Rosemary was crying and sobbing harder than she ever had done in her entire life. She could not lose him. She would not let him. Rosemary was scared that she would hurt him even more if she would turn him around to see what was wrong. Who did this and why? So many questions.

Wayne! Where was he? Maybe he can help her. 'I will be right back.' She said to her grandfather. She ran outside through the backdoor as the door was wide open and her granddad could not have gone outside in his state.

Looking around to see if she could find Wayne. Rosemary walked around a bit while calling his name. No response. Where could he possibly be. Right when she was going to give up hope and go back inside with her head down, she saw footsteps in the dirt. They were quite large and looked like those of a dog only twice as big. Following the steps, she discovered that they came from the house and went into the woods. This was the only clue she had to find out where Wayne is and who injured her granddad, he said the word "wolf" after all.

It was getting dark as it was already eight in the evening. Rosemary didn't see much in the woods because of it. The woods were her only option, Wayne said he likes the woods so what better place to find him plus the trail of steps went the same way.

Rosemary kept following the steps as best as she could when she suddenly saw a dark brown figure sprinting away from her. She quickened her pace and started running after the figure hoping it was Wayne. 'Hey! Wait!' She yelled.

It was not long before the figure slowed down from fatigue. Rosemary had trouble breathing and felt pain in the side of her stomach. This is why she hates PE it was too tiring. The figure was standing behind a tree obviously hiding from her. 'Wayne is that you?' She asked. 'Please I need help. Wayne?' She kept talking and in the meanwhile, she stepped forward. As she reached the tree and looked to see who it was, she gasped.

It was not Wayne, it was a wolf! This wasn't a normal wolf, this wolf was huge which can explain the large footprints. Did this creature injure her granddad? Rosemary stepped backward. The wolf came towards her and looked her straight into her eyes. He was coming closer and Rosemary closed her eyes not knowing what would happen next. When nothing happened she opened her eyes and there opposite of her was Wayne looking down at her. 'Wayne? Where did you come from? What happened to that wolf?' Rosemary was so confused. 'My dear little Rosemary, you will find out soon.'

'What do you mean soon?'

'When you come with me.' He said casually.

'Why would I come with you? I hardly know you.' Rosemary sure thought Wayne was going crazy or he was pranking her, either way, she didn't like it. 'Because you are my mate. You have to come with me.' Mate? What is a mate? Rosemary felt as if her head was spinning. When Wayne stepped closer to her she held her arm in front of her body and closed her eyes once again. 'Stop. Don't come any closer.' The wolf was once again back as it smelled and saw the blood his mate had on her from her grandfather. He was murderous and very lethal at the sight of all the blood. The wolf felt his darker side rise and he knew he could not stop what he was about to do.

'please do not do this.' His kind side said. 'she is our mate!' But unfortunately, he didn't care all he could think of was eliminating everyone. Mate or not.

The large wolf kept coming closer and rosemary did the only thing she could think of. Run. Running back from where she came from she hoped to find a place to hide around the house. The wolf hadn't realized that she ran so now she had a head start, but not for long that was. Almost at the house she heard people talking. Rosemary screamed like there was no tomorrow hoping that someone would hear.

She looked behind her and at the same moment, the wolf jumped on top of her. He breathed heavily in her face. Rosemary kept screaming and turned to look at the house. The wolf had opened his muzzle and aimed at her bare neck. Right before he was going to bite into it Rosemary heard a gunshot and felt the wolf collapsed onto her. 

***

Well here is another chapter. I don't really like this one. I don't know why tbh. 

The story is almost coming to an end already.

Please comment, vote, follow. I would appreciate it.

C x