Chapter 4

She was saved. Rosemary let out a deep breath. The wolf was too heavy to push off of herself but shortly after a man came to rescue and pushed the wolf.

'Are you okay?' The kind man asked. Rosemary nodded, too shocked to say anything. The man who looked to be a police officer helped her stand up and led her to her grandmother who was sitting in a blanket crying. As quickly as she could Rosemary ran to her and just hugged her while also letting a few tears slip from her eyes. 'Oh, Little Rosa! You're okay. I thought something might have happened to you. I was so worried!' Rosemary released her grandmother and looked around. 'Where is granddad?' She asked. 'they brought him to the hospital he is not doing good what attacked him got him good. I wanted to go but I wanted to see you first.' 'No, grandmother. Go to him he will need you. I will be fine.' Grandmother nodded her head and stood up.

Rosemary heard someone call her name. The police officer waved at her to let her know he needed her. 'Please tell me I am not crazy.' Seeing Rosemary's confused look on her face the officer pointed at a body. 'We both saw a wolf attack you, right? Then why is there a human body on the ground?' Rosemary gasped. Wayne! She ran to the lifeless body and fell down her knees. She knew that she didn't know him long but she still felt sad. Where had he been and how did the wolf run? Unless... no that couldn't be. 'where on the body did you shoot the wolf?' Rosemary asked the officer. 'In the chest area.' This confirmed her theory not that she believed it herself but it was the only possible explanation for what happened. 'What are you thinking?' The officer asked her. Rosemary shrugged. She wasn't going to tell her theory because she knew they would think she was crazy.

She was going to be doing a lot of research later tonight about werewolves. Wayne had to be a werewolf how else could you explain that every time that he was gone a wolf appeared and vice versa. But for now, she was going to the hospital.

Rosemary took her car and speeded off to the nearest hospital. She was nervous, she didn't know if he was okay and it scared her to the point that she was sweating. The instructions given to her were clear and she was on the right floor and hallway in fifteen minutes. Grandmother was sitting in one of the chairs and she went and sat next to her.

'How is he?'

'He will be okay. He has a broken rib and a huge cut wound in his shoulder but he'll survive. You know him, he doesn't give up too soon.' She chuckled. 'We can see him tomorrow night so that he can rest until then.' She continued. Rosemary said goodbye after a while and drove home.

Her mother hadn't gone to bed yet not that she expected otherwise. 'Little Rosa! Where were you? You had me worried. It's almost midnight.' Her mother kept on blurring before almost squashing her daughter to death. 'Mother I am fine. Something happened to grandad but grandmother is at the hospital. We can see him tomorrow.'

'But what happened?' Rosemary went to sit on the couch and her mother followed. 

'Rosemary you let a stranger come with you in your car?!' Her mother angrily said after she finished telling her the whole story. 'He was kind and helped me, mother.'

They kept arguing and talking for another hour.

Once in her room, Rosemary started with the research on werewolves. She had to know. After four hours of looking on the internet, she was stunned. Her theory had to be true everything matched. Rosemary looked at the list she made.

Werewolves

- They can shift from human to wolf form.

- They have heightened senses.

- They are bigger than the normal wolf.

- Live near the woods or outside the city.

- They live in packs (groups).

These were the things she could find about werewolves in all the stories she read. Some of these were linkable to Wayne. Like the shifting how else can you explain him disappearing and a wolf appears. The wolf was also bigger than other wolves she had seen in the zoo when she was little. Wayne also said he liked to woods and that he didn't live far from them.

The last thing she found about werewolves definitely made her hesitations fade away.

- They have mates.

Mates. That is how he called her in the woods. It was not easy finding a description of what mates were and when she finally found one it read; 'A mate. Every werewolf has one. A mate is what humans call soulmates. The story goes that the moon goddess was jealous of the sun as the humans worshiped the sun. The moon goddess was so jealous that she became crazy. One night a young human couple went for a nightly walk. They were unlucky because the goddess had a plan. She cursed the couple with the power of shapeshifting. She loved wolves as they always howled at her. The moon goddess felt lonely at the sight of the couple so she would let her children have all the love they deserved. She gave every wolf a mate, their other half. Without their mate, a wolf wouldn't be as strong. They would become one and live happily ever after. The curse spread and the humans began to see the curse as a gift. They began to worship the moon goddess for the gift and they thanked her when they found their mate. This hasn't changed, it becomes a tradition.

Wolves can only really know they found their mate when they are in wolf form as their mate would have a white glow around them. A wolf's mate doesn't have to be a wolf, they can also be human. Mates are for life, they were a match made by the goddess herself. But when a wolf's mate dies or he/she rejects the other they can change for the worse or just die from sorrow.'

Rosemary now knew that Wayne was a werewolf, he said she was her mate and now he is dead.

***

This is the last chapter before the epilogue.

I didn't like this chapter too much, it was too boring? IDK.

What did you think of the little backstory?

Comment, vote, follow

C x