Chapter 1

Chapter 1

That same night I woke up, the cold wind was blowing in from the open window. I stood up from my hard bed and Selestia moved next to me.

"Octavia?" She asked, "what are you doing up?"

"The window was open," I said pointing to the window that was blowing in the frigid air. "I was going to close it unless you want it to stay open."

"No, you can close it." She said sleepily sitting up and rubbing her eyes. She stood up from the bed and slowly made her way over to the window standing next to me.

I looked out the window. The horizon was painted a pale pink and orange color indicating that it was almost sunrise, or when we would have to get up. I've never been up before sunrise, I think to myself. This is the first time I've seen the sky a different color then blue, black or orange.

"We should see if Emmaline and Felicity want to head out to the woods today." Selestia stated.

"Keep your voice down." I say half whispering half yelling at Selestia.

I look back at my brother still asleep in the bed. Ya all three of us have to share a bed. "Nicolas could wake up."

"I'm sorry, but still we should ask them. We could just tell mother that we were going to town to look around for things."

What she said had a point I wanted to go, but whenever we did go out to the woods I always felt guilty leaving Nicolas home and my mother always worrying about us.

"We will see. For now you should go back to sleep." I said getting one last look at the pale pink sky before closing the window.

"Why is it that you are no fun anymore?" Selestia stated in that whining and sassy tone she always uses when she knows she gonna get what she wants.

"What do you mean I'm not fun? We always go to the woods I just don't know if we should go today. That's all." I said walking back to the bed and pulling the covers over me welcoming the warmth they brought since the room was quite cold. "Get back in bed and go to sleep. Or stay up it you want, but don't wake me up." I curled up and closed my eyes trying to fall back asleep.

I heard Selestia sigh and climb back in bed.

"We are going to the woods." She whispered. "I already made plans yesterday to go."

"What? Why didn't you tell me?" I said rolling over on my side so I could look at her.

" I didn't know what you would say we are meeting Felicity and Emmaline at the edge of town at noon." She said before closing her eyes and falling back to sleep.

I sighed. Of course she went and made plans without me knowing typical Selestia.

The only reason I didn't want to go into the woods because I've been hearing stories about people who live in there and honestly I'm not looking to get into any sort of mess with the people who live In the woods plus it's my job to keep Selestia safe and right now staying away from the woods might just be the best option.