Chapter 2

Chapter 2

At around noon I grabbed my sword from my room and headed down the stairs.
Our house may sound big but it's not. All it has is a up stairs that is two rooms. One for my parents and one for me and my siblings. The down stairs consists of a kitchen and a table to eat at.
When I get down stairs Selestia is already waiting at the table with my mother. She has her hunting knife at her belt even though she always wears a dress.
"We are going to be fine mother we are just going to town with Felicity and Emmaline." She said convincing my mother to let us leave the house.
"I know just you two be careful now."
Mother said. She has been really worried lately since my father was sent to the castle on some sort of business.
Selestia stood up when she saw me. She was the prettiest in the family and everyone knew it. Even Felicity and Emmaline. She had long flowing brown hair and brown almost black eyes, she looked like our father. Out of our group of four, (Octavia, Felicity, Selestia, and Emmaline.) I was the second oldest. Emmaline was the oldest, but never acted like an adult. She always stuck to her childish ways and never took charge of our group.
"Are you ready then?" Selestia asked me already heading towards the door. If your wondering about our weapons everyone has them no matter what village you live in you always want to protect yourself.
"Yes, don't worry mother I'll keep a close eye on her." I said giving my mother a smile and walking out the door.
The sunlight from outside was blinding I had to close my eyes, but after a few moments the warming light was welcoming compared to the cold dark air of our house. We started walking down to the edge of town waving at the occasional neighbor.
The first thing I saw was Emmaline's golden hair. Both of them had their backs turned. Felicity turned when she heard us walking up. She had her bow and quiver both crossing her chest. Her hair was of course pulled back in a ponytail as always shining in the sunlight a honey color.
"Octavia! Selestia! You two took so long we didn't know if you were coming." She said running over.
"We got held up by our mother, again she's always so cautious." Selestia explained.
Felicity came running and almost ran into me. Both her and Emmaline had the same hair color except Felicity's is a little lighter. Felicity has dark blue eyes and Emmaline's are a bluish green.
"Your mother is always worrying she just needs to let you go it's not like she would even go to town herself." Said Emmaline walking over to join the group. She was tall with her sword at her side and her boots, tunic and leggings today she didn't look so childish.
"She probably wouldn't, I don't think anyone would go to town willingly these days the king sent even more guards done there." I commented, "We should get going, before anyone catches us out here."
We all started walking towards the woods Selestia and Felicity were walking in front and Emmaline and I were walking a few paces behind them. I figured this would be a good time to explain to Emmaline about the stories I've been hearing about.
"And you think these stories are actually true?" She said looking at me questionably.
"Well you never know it's better to be safe then sorry I was just warning you."
"I doubt they're true Octavia and if they are I'm sure we can handle whatever it is out there." She said turning her attention back to the two in front of us.
She was right we have been going I these woods for at least 5 years now. Both of our fathers taught us well about how to us our weapons. We could handle ourselves . I thought to myself before all of us walked into the woods.