Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Sticks and leafs crumpled as we trudged through the woods. Selestia and Felicity had ran ahead now out of sight which I didn't really like, but was okay with. There were probably just going to play that game like they always do.

There was a slight breeze today that made the trees look like they were dancing to some sort of song. When you walk into the forest for the first time sure you do get that feeling that you shouldn't be here, and there's always that nagging feeling at the back of your mind saying "what if we are seen." ,but when you come to the woods for as long as I have those feelings disappear.

"I told the two girls to meet us at the usual meeting place after they were done." Said Emmaline. I didn't know what was wrong with her today, she usually goes with the girls and she was acting so stern and surprisingly her age.

"Okay we will head over that way then."I said slightly glancing at Emmaline who just stared straight ahead.

We walked for a couple minutes until we reached the tree. Felicity and Selestia weren't there. This worried me they were always there first.

"Emmaline? There not here should we go look for them?"

As if planned the two girls came charging through the woods.

"Octavia! Emmaline! Run!" Selestia shouted.

It took me a minute to realize what she said, but when I did I turned on my heels and ran in the direction they were going. Emmaline was already in front of me jumping over fallen trees and branches.

We ran until a man jumped down from a tree and landed I front of us blocking our path, his bow drawn. I turned to run another way but three more men had showed up and completely surrounded the four of us. Selestia pulled out her knife and Emmaline and I pulled out out swords. Felicity slowly moved her hand up to her quiver and pulled out an arrow.

"Drop the weapons." Said the man standing in front of us.

I slowly put my out sword on the ground. The other three followed.

I knew that story was true. There were people in the woods and only if Emmaline bothered to believe me we wouldn't be in this mess.

"Humans don't belong in these woods. The king made a promise that none of you would go in our territory." The man said sternly.

I had no idea what he was talking about, but then I noticed his ears. They were pointed like someone sharpened them. Elves. I thought to myself. They must be elves.

"Forest," said the elf to the left of us, "they are only children. Let them be it must have been a mistake."

The one named forest had black hair that was so shiny that if you looked at it you could see your reflection. His eyes were also green, like the grass in the spring, but not gentle they were glaring at us in a piercing stare.

"Fabian, they are not that young, for curiosity must have gotten the best of them." Said Forest.

The elf who must have been Fabian stepped in front of Forest. This was a surprise first he was planning on killing us now he's standing in front of us trying to get us not killed.

"Fabian you stubborn fool!" Said Forest, "Get out of my way!"

"No! It was not an order to kill then it was only to remove them from our territory." Said Fabian defensively.

The other two elves put down their bows showing that they agreed with Fabian.

"Fine. Humans state your names." Commanded Forest.

Surprisingly it was Emmaline who spoke first. What was with her today.

"I'm Emmaline Jackson. That is Felicity Jackson, Octavia Ravens, and Selestia Ravens." She said gesturing to each one of us with her hand.

"Well, Emmaline," Forest said her name like it was poison in his mouth, "we will escort you to the edge of the woods then you, your sister and your friends are never to come on our territory again, do you understand?"

"I will make no such promise sir," said Emmaline. "For we have been coming here for quite awhile and you paid no attention to us then."

I stared at Emmaline. What was she doing? She just gave them I better reason to kill us. I guess Emmaline was fine because she still talked without thinking.

Forest shoved Emmaline forward, and pushed past me so he was at the head of the group. "Come on all of you we are returning these trespassers back to where they belong."