Chapter 13

The next two days were two of the worst days of my life.

The awful chat with Fred kept coming back into my mind and today was the day I had to make my choice. I didn't know what was right. Should I do what's best for the family, or what's best for my friends?

I knotched another arrow in my bow, Fabian insisted on archery lessons. I pulled the arrow back to my cheek and let it fly. The arrow missed the target horribly and lodged it self into a near by tree.

"Um...not bad Octavia just keep trying." Said Fabian he was a bad lier.

I should just stick to my sword. Felicity on the other hand was shooting arrows like a pro. She hit the target every time.

Selestia wasn't bad she hit the target every so often, but Emmaline was down right awful. I had to stop myself from laughing. She could even get an arrow knotched properly in her bow.

When we were done with our little archery lesson Gary suggested we walked through the village. It really was nice with all the houses similar, but all the people different even if they had the same ears. Fabian and Selestia walked in front of me and they were..holding hands! No! No! No! This won't do. I walked up to Selestia and pulled her back so she was walking next to me.

"Hey!" She yelled letting go of Fabians hand.

"Um...Selestia look at that bird!" I said making an obvious excuse.

She just shook her head and kept walking next to me which was a good thing.

By the time we had finished sight seeing the whole village it had already started to become dark. We wouldn't be able to get back to the house by nightfall.

"Gary..." I said

"I know Octavia we all have our weapons just keep walking till we get there we will be fine." He stated.

No it won't be fine! I thought, Fred is suppose to be meeting me for my answer at night fall in the woods. This was not suppose to happen.

We kept walking through the woods until there was a snap of the twig being broken to the right of our little group. My head shot in that direction to see what could have possibly made the noise.

"I'll go check it out." I said wanting to make sure it wasn't who I thought it was.

"Octavia no," said Fabian grabbing my arm before I could even draw my sword. "We don't want to go looking for trouble if it has to it will come to us."

I sighed and nodded he was right.

We kept on walking until the giants spiders attacked.

They came out of nowhere. They were regular spiders either they stood up on two legs and ew they we creepy.

I slashed through another that came at me. I almost didn't have time to realize that our group had split up it was only Felicity and I now.

Felicity shot her arrows from a tree she had climbed up in, but unfortunately for her the spider could climb too.

I stabbed the last spider and Felicity jumped down from her tree, her quiver of arrows almost empty.

"Let's go find the others and make sure they're okay." She said quietly obviously tired.

We started to walk back, but before I could do anything. There was a knife at Felicity's throat her bow laying on the ground.

I pulled my sword out ready to kill whatever it was that dare threaten my friend.

"Put it away or she dies." Said a male voice from behind Felicity.

I got a soft feeling in the pit of my stomach. I couldn't do anything except let him get what he wanted because I certainly couldn't let Felicity die.

As for the boy behind her I couldn't see his face but it was clear his hair was curly and brown. If he was a elf I couldn't tell, but if eyes were the most frighting. They were the color of the aquamarine gem some elf was trying to sell today. They pierced through the darkness and it gave me chills to look into them.

"Are you Octavia Ravens?" He asked sternly.

"Yes." I replied, "who's wants to know?"

"My name is not important all that is is that your friends life is at stake and commander Fredrick would like to speak with you." He stated.

"Octavia what is he-" Felicity tried to ask but was cut off.

"Quiet!" Snapped the boy.

Felicity whimpered as he pushed the knife closer into he neck.

"Now Octavia are you coming with me or not?"