Over the Rainbow

I decided to do a one shot where Judy comes out as gay. Most of you probably don't know this but I'm gay. Here is gonna be written about the thoughts and my experience as coming out. Please keep in mind that some of this did not actually happen to me.

Also shout out to @annsfandoms because she helped me come up with the title yay

Two updates in two days?! Wow you guys are spoiled!

Fun fact: Votes and comments make me write faster!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No this couldn't be right. She was most definitely wrong. She couldn't be gay. Could she? She was and she hated herself for it. She wasn't supposed to be gay. She didn't even know what gay was until a few weeks ago when Sue mentioned it. She knew it was mostly frowned upon mostly due to Sue's whispering.

She looked in the mirror, disgusted by herself? What would her parents say? Would they be supportive or would they kick her out of the house, leaving her to fend for herself? She knew one thing. She had to keep this a secret.

So she did. She put it in her emotional bottle inside her, screwed the lid on it and didn't look back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks. Two weeks had passed and she still thought about it time and time again. It's like the bottle opened itself up again with out her permission. She needed to tell someone. This wasn't healthy and she knew it.

"Mom, Dad?" She called out walking into the kitchen as Ed and Lorraine who were doing bills in the kitchen.

"What is it, honey?" Ed asked, still looking at the paper in front of him.

"I need to talk to you guys," She informed them and Lorraine instantly took off her glasses. Ed did too after Lorraine poking him and telling him that this was serious and Judy needed their attention.

"I'm gay," She confessed and the room went silent.

"What do you mean you're gay?" Lorraine asked.

"I like girls," Judy continued and Ed stood up, sighed, and walked out of the room, muttering he couldn't believe what was happening.

This is it, thought Judy. She was gonna get kicked out of her own house.

"He'll come around, love. Thank you for telling us." She gave Judy a kiss on the cheek and a hug and went after Ed.

-----------------------------------------------

Ed was pacing around their room with his hands on his head. Suddenly he felt hands take his own hands down and hold them in their own.

"What are you thinking right now, Ed?" Wondered Lorraine.

"I'm thinking how our daughter can't be gay," He snapped a little.

"But she is," Lorraine said softly and continued. "We're her parents and we need to be there for her."

"But I just never imagined our daughter being gay and liking girls."

"I'm not exactly over the moon about this either but we need be there. I've never been in the position she's in but it must be so scary."

Ed noted this and sighed knowing that his wife was right. She usually was.

And they would be okay. They all just needed time to accept it but it wouldn't stop them from being family and that's the most important thing.