Be Careful

Olivia's  POV

It's been 4 months since Elliot and I first started sleeping together. I still remember how it felt the first time I felt his touch, it was amazing... still is. Every few nights leaving no pattern El tells Kathy he's working late and we'll spend most of the early morning together. He's only ever spent the night fully twice.

My nerves are running. Kathy invited me to dinner with them and she wouldn't take a no. No matter what I said she gave a reasonable fix.

I got drunk with a few of the girls from work the other night and woke up with a rose tattoo on my bikini line. I told Elliot and he's been dying to see it. What is it about tattoos on women that aren't unseeable in public that drive men wild?

I drive to the resultant and there they were. Elliot in a classic suit, he made my heart melt the way he looked at me. And it hurt that I couldn't run up to him and kiss him right there god why is he so handsome. And then there's Kathy on his arm. She's gorgeous, and so full of life if she knew what her husband and I were doing that would all disappear.

"Hey you two"

"Liv!!" Kathy practically screamed when she saw me. She hugged me

"Hey Kathy"

"God look at you, you look stunning Olivia"

"Thanks Kath you too"

"Hey Liv" Elliot greater me with a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

"Shall we go in?"

"Let's"

We sat at a table for three order our food and once Kathy went to the bathroom. Elliot insisted I show him my tattoo. I laughed calling him crazy. He put his hand on my thigh.

"You'll show me tonight right?"

"Of course if you manage to make it over."

I teased him sliding my hand up his thigh as well and rub his crotch.

He whispered

"You drive me crazy Olivia Benson you know that?"

"As do you to me Elliot Stabler"

We pulled away fast and Kathy sat down. After dinner we parted ways. I went to my apartment and waited for Elliot to show. I showered once more shaved basically my whole body. I put on the sexiest outfit I have which isn't very showy but it's the best I got. I opened a bottle of wine lit some candles and I watched on the couch with light music playing.

Elliot's POV

I waited and waited for her to get tired so I could sneak out.

"Elliot"

"What babe"

"Make love to me"

"Tonight?"

"No in three years from now.. of course tonight right now... we haven't had sex in almost a month"

What could I do I know I promised Liv I'd come over tonight, but Kathy's my wife I have to keep appearances up and do my husband duties or she is going to suspect something.

Olivia's POV

3 am rolled around and it finally sunk in that he wasn't going to show. I was hurt, he mad not effort to contact me and at least make up something. It's not the first time he's done this, I just aspect a new outcome every time.

I got up wrapped a robe around myself. I turned on the lights and blew out the candles. A few tears left my eyes. I tried not to be upset but I couldn't hold it back I cleaned up the wine and right after I turned the lights off and headed to bed someone started knocking on the door. I turned the lights on and looked through the peep hole.

Oh now he shows. I open the door

"Now you decide to show up"

"Liv I'm sorry I can explain."

"I don't even want to hear it"

I promised myself if I went down this road I wouldn't make myself come across as desperate or pathetic.

"Kathy wouldn't go to sleep, there wasn't much I could do"

"You could've sent me a text saying Liv I'm sorry I can't make it tonight.. instead of leaving me here looking pathetic waiting for a married man to show up at my door"

"Liv I'm sorry"

"You're always sorry"

"Let me make it up to you"

"Go home El"

I noticed a marking on his neck. My stomach dropped two floors and it shouldn't have.

"Real charming"

"What?"

"Kathy left a nice marking on you neck was that before or after you two had sex and you came over here."

"She's my wife liv"

"Night Elliot"

"Olivia"

I shut the door on his face I couldn't look at him. I was hurt and all I wanted to do was cry but I'm not going to let myself cry over a married man.

He stayed outside my door for a while trying to get my attention, but eventually he left.

I laid in bed and quietly cried myself to sleep.