Chapter 12

*Alicia's POV*

Things were weird after that night. I pretended like they aren't but we both knew they were.

Two weeks after we both realized we were being stupid and nothing had to change between us. Our friendship was stronger than it ever had been. Things in life were finally perfect again. That is until I got that one phone call that changed my life forever.

"Are you Alicia Rinehart?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"This is Dr. Ziegler, I'm afraid your friend Mr. Dallas has been in a serious car accident and he is in critical condition. We would like you to come up to the hospital as soon as you can."

my heart sank but I held it together "is he going to be okay?"

there was a long pause "were not sure at this point."

I ran to the car not even worrying about grabbing shoes. Crying hysterically I drove as fast as I possibly could to the hospital.

I burst through the door and ran straight to the front desk "Where's Cameron Dallas?"

"are you family?"

"Yes." I wasn't really lying, I mean I practically was.

"through those doors, third door on your left."

when I reached his room I hesitated to go in. slowly gripping the Handel I took a deep breath, not ready for what I was about to face. Gina was sitting in a chair next to his bed listening to the doctor talk. I glanced at Cam. He looked terrible. I felt the tears being to roll down my face once again.

Gina stood up and embraced me in a hug while the doctor told me what was going on. Cameron had been hit by a drunk driver and flipped his car. He was seriously injured with minor damage to his brain. Be was stable but didn't know if he would ever open his eyes again. He then told me Cam could hear us but he wasn't able to respond.

they then left me alone with Cameron. I sat down in the chair next to his bed and rubbed his cheek with my thumb and grabbed his hand. "hey Cam." I whispered. "can you try to give me some sort of sign that you can hear me?" I felt his hand tense up.

"thank you." I smiled even though he couldn't see me. "listen to me Cameron, I need you to come back from this. Your all I have left in this world. You don't understand how much I need you. I can't stand to think of my life without you in it. I already tried that once and then I tried to kill myself." shit. I never told him about that. "we'll I've already told you so I might as well tell you the rest."

"when I got home I missed you so much And I hated myself for leaving you. so I started cutting... and then I tried to OD but my mom came home and took me to the hospital before anything to serious happened." I took a deep breath as I started to cry even harder.

"now you probably think that I'm some sort of freak. but it happened and I'm not going to deny it. the point is I need you more than anything Cam. I love you." I got up and walked out of the room. I couldn't stand seeing him like this.

                  --------------------------

It had been two months and Cam was Finally coming home. I seen him pull in the driveway and step out of his car. He looked like nothing touched him. he was as gorgeous as ever with not a scratch on him.

I ran out the door and threw myself into his arms. "I love you to." is all he said.

"what?"

"the last thing you said to me in the hospital 'I love you'."

"ohh. " He remembered that, so he definitely remembers the rest.

"I also remembered a certain someone telling me they tried to kill themselves." he looked down at me.

I looked at the ground. with his thumb he pushed my chin up so I was forces to look him in the eyes. "I don't think your a freak." he said leaning in to kiss me.