Chapter 16

*Alicias POV*

"Alicia, open the door let me explain" Cameron yelled. I could tell he was crying but I didn't care. I sat on the ground unable to move. I thought we were finally going to be more than friends, but I guess that was never going to happen.

Eventually he stopped trying to get it and I heard him walk away. My heart was shattered into a million pieces and I thought there was no going back. I sat and thought for a long time.

I'm only 17. I have a whole life ahead of me and I shouldn't be caught up on this. Plus we weren't even together so why should I care so much? I'll tell you why. He was my first love. I've never felt so connected to another person and I bet I never will. Like I said he is, or was my everything.

"Alicia can I come in?" Matt said. didn't want to let him in but I knew he could make me feel better. I opened the door and he hugged me. Oh man I must have looked terrible, with my hair a mess and make-up running down my face. I hugged him back not wanting to let go.

He didn't let go either, So we stood there embracing each other. "you should let him explain." he said in my ear.

"did he tell you to come up here and say that?" I asked still not letting go.

Matt pulled away with his hands still on my waist and mine on his shoulders. "No, but he told me what happened and you need to know."

"then tell me."

"you need to hear it from him."

I rolled my eyes. "okay fine. but at least let me get you something to eat." he said seeing I was annoyed. I was really hungry.

"okay." I said wiping one last tear from my eye. I took off my make-up and threw my hair in a messy bun. I took his outstretched hand and we made our was to the cafeteria. After we ate we walked around for a while. I wasn't really paying attention to where we were going because we were talking. When I looked up we were right in front of conference room B. "Matt what are we doing here?"

He opened the door and practically pushed me inside. I turned around but the door was already closed. I looked around and the room was almost pitch black. I couldn't see anything. That's when a projection appeared on the wall. A slide show began go play.

It started with a picture of me, and then one of Cameron. Next a home video of us running around the yard when we were like 5. Then us at the park when we were around 8. After was a picture of us sitting in a tree. I remember that day like it was yestrday.

We were at his uncle's farm when I was 11 and he was 12. We climbed to the highest branch of an old willow tree so nobody could see us. That's when I had my first kiss. Up at the very top of that old willow tree was where I first fell on love with Cameron.

There were a few more videos from Birthday parties and sleepovers. More pictures of us throughout the years. And the very last picture was from about a month ago. We were on the beach while the sun was setting. He was giving me a piggy back ride and we were talking about our lives after magcon.

I looked over to see Cameron with flowers in his hands. I looked away because I almost cried. The video made me realize how much we have been through. "Alicia, I need to explain."

"go for it." I said in a shaky voice.

He told me about how the girls name was Olivia and she had cancer. The doctors weren't sure how long she was going to make it and the last thing she wanted was a kiss from him. I instantly felt terrible. I hugged him as tight as I could "I'm so sorry." I whispered in his ear.

"now for the real question." He stepped back and looked me in the eyes. "Alicia, will you be mine?" I couldn't help but smile.

He handed me the flowers and I kissed him. "Cameron, I was always yours."

a/n : well I guess that's the end. I'm going to write a sequel, I think. It will be about Cameron and Alicia if I end up doing it. But I think I'll also add Matt because I've really wanted to write about him. So yeah. thats it. (: