~Chapter 3~

If I knew to which the degree of a different world I was in, then perhaps I would've dropped myself from the foreign program. I was never one to back away from trouble but I was usually the most cautious with it as well. No I wasn't in any life threatening danger, but I was simply inn danger of loosing my mind. When had my dream of Seoul turned into a nightmare? The answer to that question: The moment I met eyes with Young Do.

Part 3~

After Bo Na showed me around, it was much easier to navigate my way to my first class. I suppose I couldn't be surprised to see Young Do in the same room. It seemed as soon as I met him, I couldn't shake him away from me. Perhaps if I just ignore him and sit directly up front then things won't be complicated. But then I also have to deal with... "Hey, can I ask you something? Where are you from? Are you from Africa?" A student sitting next to me asked me the question softly. I sighed in frustration and shook my head before replying. "No, I'm from Texas. You know...America?" Shortly afterwards, the student to my other side asked me a question. And then the student behind him, and the student behind her. Before I knew it, I was in the middle of a press conference before the teacher had walked in. Per my written request, I was not required to get up and introduce myself before the class (thank God), so the teacher began teaching as if I had always been here. I wanted to immerse myself in the lesson, and start off with a good impression but I could barely focus because someone kept taping on my shoulder. I finally gave up, and spun around to see what the problem was. The student looked a little fearful at my reaction, but handed me a folded up note anyway. I apologized and quickly turned around to read the note.

_From Choi Young Do-Which way did you go his morning? I couldn't find you after you rounded the corner. Don't you know how dangerous the streets are. It's very easy for a foreigner to get lost if they don't pay attention. Are you a fool? Do you want to die?

I rolled my eyes and started to write back a reply.

_From Lillian Hart-Since when did you become my mother or father? What are you supposed to be, my protector? You don't know me well enough to claim yourself as either of those things. You are such a pain in the neck. Please leave me alone.

I sent the note back. Not even two minutes later did I get a tap on the shoulder and a reply.

_From Choi Young Do-Well, I know your name now because you put it on the note that you just sent back. I could care less about being your protector or anything like that. I just can't have my current source of entertainment die on me.

I looked back to see him smiling and waving. I made sure to crumble up the note where he could see it. Then I turned back around and focused on my work. Throughout the rest of class, Young Do didn't send me a single note again. As soon as class let out, I rushed to get away from him. The rest of the day went the same way...me keeping as far away from him as possible. I simply avoided everyone else as well. I was lucky enough that Young Do and I only shared that one class with each other. However, I was unlucky when lunch time came around. Everything seemed chill so I figured that I would get my plate and sit by myself at a table. I needed to do so to get away from the stress of the day. However, as I was sitting down, someone pulled a seat out and sat in front of me. I was worried it would be the vain of my existence, but when I looked up it wasn't Young Do. I looked up to meet the judgmental eyes of a firm and serious looking girl. She was beautiful like Bo Na, and her bangs were cut perfectly. Not only that, but her outfit looked more expensive than anything I could ever afford. "So what exactly are you?" She wasted no time to ask me a question. I grew frustrated by all the same damn questions here, so I replied in an annoyed and sassy tone. "I'm Black, what are you supposed to be? Vaguely obvious or just kind of dumb?" I finished off in English in the hopes she wouldn't understand me. "I speak English too." She replied in a cut throat and FLAWLESS English accent. I sighed and stopped eating. "What do you want from me?" I groaned and placed my fork down. I waited on her reply. She simply rolled her eyes and spoke up. "Do you know only the rich sit at this table? Are you rich? If not then I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

I rolled my eyes and continued to swirl pasta around my fork. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave since I was sitting here first. Who cares what kind of table this is. You don't look like you're in any power to establish the social order of the stupid thing. Get lost." I told her in a serious and angry tone. Then I continued to eat. I could feel her glare on me so of course I was nervous and even afraid of her. I just don't think I should show any weakness here just because I feel it. Maybe she would give up and leave me alone. Before she replied, a familiar voice hit my ears. "Yoo Rachael! Are you welcoming our new girl? Don't worry, I already beat you to it. Would you like to stay and eat with us?" Young Do placed his hand on my shoulder. Racheal groaned and quickly got up. Then she left us alone. I was secretly hoping that she'd stay just so I didn't have to eat with Young Do, but my luck has been crap and it's been a total of two days here.
"Getting to know our other students, but you can't manage to send me a message back?" He raised his feet up and put them on the table. I gave him a flat expression and placed my fork down. "I just lost my appetite." Before I could stand up, Young Do put his feet down and stood up to stop me. I tried to walk past him but he placed his foot out and tripped me. I ended up landing face and chest first in my own plate. Soon enough, the cafeteria erupted into a thunderous choir of laugher. I quickly stood up and rushed to the bathroom without looking back.