~Chapter 4~

My doubts about the entirety of the trip had surfaced only for me to push them back away. People believe the phrase "Don't judge a book by it's cover" only implies to negatively judging, but they need to understand that it goes both ways. You can believe something is a good Idea, but is it? Was coming to Korea a bad Idea?

Part 4~

After the difficult day at school, I didn't bother to go back to the hotel and change out of my food ridden uniform. I'd run the risk of seeing Young Do since he'd ultimately be heading back to the hotel after school too. Instead of doing so, I settled on going into a coffee shop I pass on the route to and from school. It seemed even lovelier on the inside, and the flavorful smells were enough to nearly make me forget about things as they were. "Excuse me, can I have you order? Please, I can take for it?" I looked up to see a girl no older than me with a wonderful smile and a sweet dimpled chin. I smiled back at her, impressed that she was polite enough to try and speak English seeing I was of foreign decent. "Oh, you don't have to worry. I speak Korean." I told her before smiling widely at her. She smiled back and nodded before noticing my uniform and gasping. "I knew I had heard about a foreign girl in class today, but I never got a chance to see you. It was your first day and this happened. Please tell me this was an accident." She said as she frowned at my outfit. I sighed and shook my head. "No, It wasn't. The kids there...they're so difficult to be around." I admitted to her. I really wanted in this moment to confide in her, a complete stranger, simply because she knew what I was going through. In fact, she went on break just to talk to me and tell me about her Junior year at the school! Her name was Cha Eun Sang, and her story could've been told over and over again but I'd never lose interest in it. However, when one particular name was brought up, I could feel my skin crawl all over. I was sure that somewhere in the world, a natural disaster was taking place simply because she said his name. "Please tell me you DON'T know who Choi Young Do is yet." She begged me with an exasperated expression once she saw my reaction to his name. She didn't even wait for my reply before explaining to me. "I was Young Do's first love. He was the one who I never wanted around, yet he was there for me. Eventually we became just friends when he got the picture, but I still believe I left a pretty big hole in his life. He isn't as awful as he may seem at first, although I thought he was done with bullying others. I'll be sure to send him a heartfelt text when I get off of work tonight." She reassured me.

And that she did.

Soon, her boyfriend Kim Tan had shown up to take her home. She introduced him to me, and sent a few words through text to Young Do on my behalf. Just as she had left, I only had five minutes to myself before the dying roar of a motorcycle was heard outside. My eyes widened and I quickly gathered my things. The rider took off his helmet and it was none other than Young Do. I kept my face and head down as he quickly entered and waltzed to the counter asking where Cha Eun Sang was. I saw this as my opportunity to leave. I was moving quickly but not quick enough. "Yah! Lillian!" i could hear him shout when he noticed me. Instead of stopping, I picked up speed and ran out of the café. I kept running down the street but soon enough I could hear the motor behind me. Young Do rushed ahead of me and stopped the bike in my way. I halted my steps but before I could turn away, he was already gripping my arm. "Don't you know better than to pull a crazy stunt like that?!?! It's pitch black outside and you choose to run down the street? Why were you out so late by yourself anyway?! You know NO ONE HERE! You have no one to rely on if you get in danger!" Young Do fussed at me as if I were some sort of child. Then he reached into my coat pocket without permission and pulled out my cell phone. He pointed to the contact list to reveal nothing but my family members. He scrolled to reveal no korean names or numbers at all. I looked away from his hardened expression, but then I could hear a tapping sound that brought my attention back to him. He looked up at me and tossed my phone back to me. He had added his number to my contacts list. For a while, it was just a series of us staring at each other. I couldn't find the words to say to him it seemed. I was confused on how he felt about me, but I was weary of his presence. Cha Eun Sang warned me that he would make my life Hellish if I allowed him to do so. However, he seemed to be doing so without me even allowing him to. "Aishhh, come here." He directed to me. I just stood there, unsure of what to do. He groaned and gripped my arm to pull me over to him. Then he affixed his helmet on my head. Without any words, he strated the bike with me on the back and started to drive away. Choi Young Do was my ride back to the hotel, and I was unsure if I should have  appreciated it or not. After the shock settled away, I figured a thank you was in order. "Thanks." I uttered bluntly at him before taking off the helment and rushing inside. I made sure to take a separate elevator than him as well. I also pressed the wrong floor number on purpose to be sure that I wouldn't even arrive on the floor with him at the same time as his elevator. My plan was far from success as I left the elevator and saw Young Do sitting in the hallway. "What took you so long to get here?" He stood and smirked at me. I sighed and shook my head. "Turn around. I don't want you to know which room is mine. If you did then I'd probably wake up you in bed by me." I said in annoyance. He simply chuckled at me. "I already checked Hotel Zeus records. I know which one is yours. Were you inviting me inside with you?" He teased me. I quickly slammed my door in his face and deleted him from my contacts.