Pepsi Part 2 (Thriller Era)

When you got to the hospital, the doctors took you straight to the emergency room and analyzed your injuries. There were third degree burns on the back of your neck, which the doctors covered with bandages. The doctors explained to you that the burns had damaged your skin so badly you couldn't feel any pain. A spark from the pyrotechnics had caused your shirt to catch fire and burn the back of your neck. A part of your hair had been singed as well, but it would grow back just fine. The doctors pointed out that Marlon and Michael's quick thinking had probably saved your life, since the fire could have spread quickly and suffocated you. Your burns were expected to heal, but you would likely be scarred for life. You thought about what would have happened if Michael had gotten burned instead and figured his skin might not have healed properly due to his vitiligo.
The doctors let Michael come into your room and left the two of you alone for a while. Mike walked in looking like he was about to cry, holding a big stuffed teddy bear.
"How are you doing, baby?" Michael gave you the bear. "Do you like it? I was saving it for your birthday, but I thought it might cheer you up now."
You squeezed the bear. "I love it, Mikey. And I'm fine, really."
"But you could have died." Michael started to cry. "Why did you do that?"
"I didn't want you to get burned, baby."
"How did you know the machine was messed up?"
"I saw that one of them was pointing right at you."
"You jumped in front of fire to save me." Michael hugged you carefully to avoid touching your burns. "I don't know what to say. Thank you so much. You are so wonderful."
"I love you, too."
"Do you want my family to come in? They're anxious to see you."
"Of course."
Michael opened the door for his brothers and sisters to come in.
"There's the local celebrity!" said Jermaine.
"What are you talking about?" you asked.
"You're all over the news!" Jermaine continued.
"Or we could ask how she's doing?" said La Toya.
"I'm fine, guys," you said.
"I still can't believe you did that just to save Mike!" said Janet.
"Every news station is calling you a hero!" Jermaine said.
"Are you sure you're okay? The doctors said you were in shock!" Marlon gave Jermaine a side eye.
"I was just kind of watching everything," you said.
The Jacksons showered you with attention for the next several days. You suggested to Michael that the two of you visited other burn victims in the hospital to lift their spirits. Michael agreed, so you spent most of your week at the hospital meeting all sorts of people who called you a hero for your actions.