Lonely (Off the Wall Era)

You and Michael were wandering around your neighborhood. You two had been very lonely lately and only had each other to talk to. Since Michael had been singing since the age of 5 and you had been working as his stylist since you were 10, you never had the opportunity to bond with other people your age. You had a few people you were close to in the industry, like Quincy and Diana, but you didn't have any very close friends.
The two of you wandered the streets searching for someone to talk to.
"I'm not so sure I can do this, Mike," you cried. "I've never just casually talked with anyone about anything but work except for you."
You thought of when you and Michael had been homeschooled together as the only kids in your class. You had become friends quickly because you were both under such similar circumstances. Michael had always been under pressure from his father to be a perfectionist, and your mother had treated you the same way. As a result, you were both very shy, which made talking to new people difficult.
After waiting for several hours, you and Michael decided to go over to his house. The two of you sat on the couch and you started crying.
"It hurts me, too, baby." Michael gave you a hug.
"I love my job, but I still regret everything I missed. Maybe I would be able to make friends. Maybe my mother wouldn't have hurt me..."
"At least it brought us together." Michael started to cry, too.
"I feel like no one understands us. You're the only person who makes me feel loved. Everyone else makes me nervous. I instantly feel so much pressure to do and say exactly the right thing..." You started breathing more heavily and you felt your heart beating faster.
"Y/n..."
Your body started shaking uncontrollably.
"It's okay. You're safe." This sort of thing happened to you all the time, ever since you were 12. It usually happened when you were scared or stressed, but sometimes it just happened randomly. Luckily, Michael was used to you doing this and knew how to calm you down. "Nobody's gonna hurt you."
"I wish I could stop doing this."
"It's okay. I know you can't help it. It's a side effect from how your mother treated you. Sometimes, I still have nightmares from things my father did."
"I feel like something's really wrong with me."
"Nothing's wrong. You are wonderful."
You still weren't sure about this. Sometimes it seemed like everyone else had it way more together than you. How come no one else you knew, not even Michael, who had gone through similar trauma, had these sudden moments like you did where you lost control of your own mind and body?
Michael seemed to sense your worry and held you tighter. "I love you, y/n."
"I love you, too."