Chapter 15

Asami's P.O.V.

Zhu Li will arrive soon... And she will help me out...

I didn't know what I was going to find in the recordings but I wanted to know the truth. I was crazy tired of fighting... And I wanted the madness to end.

***

I was shivering. I've felt coldness creeping in my bones, snow filling my lungs. I wanted to shout for help but my lips were frozen. And I gave up...

A hand pulled me out of my ice coffin.

"Korra?" I whispered and slowly blinked a few times. "Korra!" I shouted with all the remaining strength, coldness burning me from inside. "You're alive..." Korra looked at me and brushed away hair from my face. "Where have you been? What happened to you? How did you escape?" Korra stared at me with a slight smile covering her face. "Korra?" She now was exploring the place with her eyes, trying to find something. I looked around but couldn't recognize nor the place, nor the shapes of things. There were just me and her. The feeling was so unreal, it almost felt like dream. "Korra." I whispered again and saw her turning into dust, fading away right in front of me. "Korra!" I shouted and woke up sitting in Hiroshi's chair. I was dreaming. But I wanted the dream to be real, I wanted to see her. I wanted to find her. Scratch. Scratch. Howl. I jumped from fear. Was I still dreaming? Howling got more intense. Something was desperately trying to break into the house. I walked towards the door and grabbed one of the nearby umbrellas, as if I was going to defend myself with that. I slowly unlocked the door, opening it wide. The lightning bolted and something jumped at me, pinning me to the floor. I just screamed as loud as I could. The weight of the furry creature was something beyond resistance. I accepted my defeat and got ready to face consequences. Everything will be over soon, Asami. The beast opened its mouth, its sharp teeth shining in the dark. I closed my eyes. Lick. Bark. Lick. What?! I opened my eyes in surprise. Big white doggo was swinging its long tail with joy. "Naga?" The dog barked in answer. "What are you doing here?" She started sniffing my clothes and then circled around few times. "Are you trying to find something?" I whispered. "Someone?" I added. "Korra!" Naga stopped moving and stared at me for a while, then continued exploring again. What else did you expect, Asami? That a dog would have understood? Answered? That Naga would have helped you find Korra? Naga growled as if she had read my mind and bolted outside. "Naga, wait!" I shouted and ran after the dog. What am I doing? Chasing after a dog? And what good is that going to do? I'm wasting time. But if there was a chance to find her... Even if the way sounded insane... I was going to go though it... I was going to find her... I quickly turned on the engine of my faithful companion. I saw Zhu Li's car enter my estate but I didn't have time for her. For Mako. For anyone except for Korra. Zhu Li stopped the car when the dog ran in front of it. Her eyes landed on me in confusion. I'm sorry, Zhu Li. I put on the helmet and rode.

Korra's P.O.V.

"Lin!" I shouted again and tried to move closer. I shivered. Half of my body was covered with snow. It wasn't time to think about me. I had to save Lin until it was too late. "Lin! How are you hanging there?" What a silly question. The car was crushed into pieces. How was she supposed to 'hang' in there? Few tries and I managed to tear the door away from the car. Chief was breathing, but barely. Blood was spilling from her forehead and mouth. "Lin..." I whispered but got interrupted by the radio.

"Chief Beifong, have you executed the prisoner as was ordered?" My eyes widened and I stepped back as much as I could before I hit a tree with my back and fell on the snow. She wasn't ordered to bring me to some kind of prison, she was ordered to kill me in woods, so nobody could have found my body. "Chief, do you copy?"

"There was an accident." Lin started to cough out blood then scrunched the face and continued. "The prisoner ran away." She looked at me and grinned, blood running down from her lower lip. She mouthed me 'run' and faced the device again. "Giving the coordinates..." Something clicked inside of me and I knew that I had to run. I didn't know where to head to but anywhere far away from here.