chapter 6

Konos pov
Me, Chin and danny were currently sitting in the waitting room at the hospital.

I still couldn't get the image of Steve's Lifeless Body out my mind, his Blood still over my hands and on my pants from where i had knelt in the pool of blood.

I had cried in relief when Danny had told me he had found a weak pulse, Steve was still hanging on to life.

I was so scared i couldn't lose him, we had a wedding to plan and a baby on the way.

I felt arms come round me and look up.

Chin was holding on to me.

"It's gonna be ok, his a fighter cuz" he said.

I hugged him back and cried in to his chest.

"His right Kono Steve's to stubborn to die he'll be alright" Danny said rubbing my back.

I nod because it was true Steve was to stubborn to die.

"What are we gonna do about Lori, she knows the truth now" i said.

"You don't worry about her, me and Chin will sort her out once we know how SuperSeal is doing" Danny said.

I nodded putting my hand on my bump.

"Cuz you should go wash up, you got blood all over your hands" Chin said.

"I will once a doctor tells us how Steve is" i said.

We sat there for what felt like years, in reality it had been 4 hours.

"Commander Magarrett's family?" I heard a voice say and jumped up.

"That's us" i said.

"Follow me" the doctor said.

We followed him and he took us to a family room. I was nervous.

"How is he?" Danny asked.

"Commander McGarrett..." he said and i cut him off.

"Steve...call him Steve" i said.

He nodded.

"Steve is in critical but stable condition, his up in ICU. The bullet thankfully only deeply grazed his head and that i think saved his life." He said looking at us.

We all sighed in relief, i just knew there was something else.

"There is a but coming isn't there?" I asked.

"But.....the bullet and most likely the hard fall too has fractured his scull" he said.

I gasped in shock, oh god he fractured his scull.

"W....What about his brain is.....is that ok?" I asked trying to hold it together.

"There is some swelling, but we are keeping a close eye on it, we placed him in a medical indused coma to give time for the swelling to go down" he said.