The Boy Who Lived

Hello Wattpad people! I'm a little new to the site, so I'm learning as I go. I decided to post my work on here as well, I figured there's no harm! For fear of breaking any copyright laws, there is no recitation of the stories in this. I hope you enjoy anyway!

Disclaimer, I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters and this is not a way for me to criticize the books. It's just how I believe the characters would react if they read JK Rowling's brilliant work.

In this chapter: Vernon Dursley experiences the after effects of the wizarding world learning of Voldemort's disappearance, Dumbledore brings Harry to his new family, and Hagrid was the one to deliver him using Sirius Black's motorbike.

Prologue

Nineteen year old Harry, Hermione, and Ron sat in front of the stack of books. It was incredible to think they'd accomplished it. Harry had put each of his memories of the most important years of his life into the books. Professor McGonagall, the current headmistress of Hogwarts, had contributed by giving her own memories of the day Harry had been taken to the Dursleys, the day where she had watched all of the Dursleys carefully- particularly his uncle.

Originally they were going to put it all in one story, but Hermione thought it'd be better to split it by year as the book would have been much too large. It was incredible how much bigger of a story his later years were compared to his first three. Ron picked up the smallest book and flipped through it briefly.

"They're in third person." Ron commented.

"So are memories." Hermione said simply. "These books are written with memories, it's expected that they be told similarly."

Harry had watched the process of using his memories and turning them into pages of a book. They were copies of his memories, of course, as all of his mind was intact. That was the easier part. The harder part would be sending the books back.

"As they disappear into the past we will disappear as well." Hermione had explained. "It's a scary thought, isn't it? This version of us won't be around anymore. Us sending the books back will affect so much that a future in which we didn't have to books will no longer exist. As soon as the books are sent back, the future we know now will be replaced with a future in which our past selves read the books."

"It will be for the best." Harry said.

"Things didn't turn out so bad." Ron said. "It could have been worse. But... it could have been better."

"We could save so many..." Hermione whispered. "We have to do this don't we?"

And they did. The books were made, they just had to be sent to the past.

"I hope you don't mind, Harry," Hermione said. "I put them in a sort of story book fashion. I thought it'd all be easier to get the information that way."

"It's brilliant." Harry said staring at the books as Ron put the top one back.

"I'm glad you feel that way." Hermione said tiredly. "Considering how long it took to make these."

"Are they ready to be sent?" Harry asked. Hermione raised an eyebrow.

"Right now? At this hour?" Hermione asked.

"Well they're likely to show up wherever I am at this time four years ago, right?" Harry asked. He had wanted to send them further, maybe stop Cedric's death, but Hermione said to send it just four years back was going to be difficult, and they shouldn't try to send it further back. The fact that objects were going back and not people gave them more leniency, although Harry suspected the only reason Hermione was risking sending them back so far was because of Sirius.