"Attention ladies. If you are sending out a letter to a family member, please stand by your door."

The girls heard the man's too friendly voice on the intercom.

"That man is too friendly."

Tara whispered. She was sitting on the bed beside Carlie. She intertwined her fingers with her friend's. Aaden stood and waited by the door.

"His voice may be friendly. But he's evil."

Tara shook. She would normally be crying but she had no tears left to produce and her eyes stung from the dryness. Finally, with a loud click. The black door swung open. Aaden was grateful she wasn't behind it. Two men gazed at them, one holding a large box, the other holding envelopes. It was Mark and Kaleb. Carlie felt Tara squeezing her hand tighter as she moved herself in front of her friend. She knew they weren't going o do anything but shielded Tara anyway knowing to never trust judgment in these situations. Kaleb held out his hand and Aaden reluctantly handed him the letter. Secretly, she put two letters in the envelope. One to Tara's parents and the other for Ed. She hoped the men wouldn't read them. Kaleb gave a sad smile and Mark dropped the large box on the floor which landed with a thud making the three girls jump. He then rolled his eyes and walked out of the room. The girls stared at the box in wonder. Aaden glanced back at Kaleb.

"The box has three bags in it. Each bag is labeled for each of you."

He answered the non-verbalized question.

"What is in the bags?"

Aaden asked. She was still the only one who was brave enough to talk to the man.

"Clothes you will be wearing in the arena. They are your right sizes."

He replied.

"We have only been in this building for a day. How do you know our sizes?"

"Park has been planning your arrival for a while."

"Park?"

"The man you talked to. The creator of the games."

Aaden remembered Kaleb defending Tara.

"Why did you try to get us out of here?"

Kaleb looked at Tara who was inching her way out from behind Carlie.

"You don't belong here. None of you. Did you write a letter to Tara's security team?"

Aaden froze and shook her head.

"Please tell me. It wont be sent if you don't."

"Yes."

Aaden replied. Kaleb nodded and slipped the envelope in his pocket away from the others.

"They read these letters. I'll make sure it gets sent."

She nodded and Kaleb left the room. Tara opened the box and handed Aaden and Carlie their bags. They opened them and each pulled out a thick white jacket.

"They have our names on them. If we weren't being set up to die I would think this was cool."

Carlie muttered. Tara looked up at her friend and tears finally ran from her eyes again.

"Carlie! Stop that!"

Aaden hissed and sat by Tara who was now staring at the floor.

"I don't want to die. Not like this."

Her voice shook as her small frame began to tremble. Aaden sighed.

"Tara look at me."

Tara raised her face to meet Aaden's eyes with her own. She sniffed as Aaden spoke.