Ed stormed into his hotel room and slammed the door shut. He was never one to do well in a frustrating time. He threw his suit jacket across the table at the bar and sat in his black rolling chair by the desk.

“Let’s see what we can find out about these Survival Games.”

He turned on his computer and opened Google. Ed typed in ‘survival games’ and was disappointed at the result which was google telling him there were no results found. He smacked his fists on the desk and put his head in his hands. He didn’t know what to do and was really feeling like he was going to fail these girls.

“No!”

He shouted and snatched a copy he had made of the letter they sent him.

“I cannot give up on these girls! I made a promise and I am going to keep it no matter what.”

He read again the details of the games that the girls knew and a light bulb went on in his head. Ed quickly set the letter down and pulled out the keyboard. He began to type, human hunting games and there it was. The survival games popped up as the first result. Ed perked up a little bit and clicked on the link to open the window. It was a person asking a question about the games. He began to read everything.

Asker: What are the survival games? I keep hearing about them but I can never get a straight, true answer. It is almost as if it is a child’s story that nobody tells the same. Is it real? What is it?

Answer 1: it is not real. It is a story an insane mother told her child

Answer 2: it is very true! The games are not something you wanna f**k with man. Im not kidding either. Forget you ever even heard about those games.

Best Answer: The survival games are where many women, normally ages 13-30, are kidnapped and placed into an arena. Once they are there they get 24 hours to learn survival skills. The next day they are put into elevators and risen into what they call an active arena. It can change anything. It is a building but makes you feel like you are in the wild. It can be any of the four seasons, it will be cold one day and 100 degrees the next. After a few days it can feel like a year. Nobody knows exactly where these games are but me. How? I was in the games and I was the one who survived. These women are gambled. They have 20 men that watch these games on camera and bet on the women’s lives. Only one survivor per games. I survived solely on self-defense. These women will turn to cannibals. These games are real. If you have any questions…email me.

Ed’s jaw was dropped down nearly to his chest when he finished reading the woman’s comment. The date of it was last year. He didn’t know if the person’s email was still the same but decided to try it. He needed more information. He pulled open their profile and searched for the address. Once he found it he opened an email and began to type.

I have friends in trouble. Survival Games. Can you help?

He read it over a few times and clicked send. Standing, he sighed and stretched. He must have been on the computer for a couple of hours. He heard a low gurgling sound before realizing it was his stomach reminding him that he hadn’t eaten that day. Ed walked to the kitchen and opened a box of cold pizza from his refrigerator. He slopped a couple of slices onto a plate and put it in the microwave to heat it up just as his cell phone rang in the pocket of his slacks. He reached into his pocket, pulled out his phone, pressed the little green answer button and put the phone to his ear.

“Hello?”

“Hey Ed its Pete.”

He heard on the other end of the line.

“Hey Pete what you got.”

Ed spoke as he pulled out his freshly microwaved pizza and sat back down into his computer chair.