Once breakfast was over the girls’ emotions began to increase to an unbearable level of anxiety. Aaden was doing the best she could to seem strong for her friends but was almost failing. Tara didn’t know what to think or believe anymore and Carlie couldn’t shake the thought of dying like this out of her mind. The women were all being led to the elevators in another room. There was a elevator for each woman there. Park quickly rushed over towards Aaden while Kaleb went to Tara.

“Please…Don’t put me in there.”

Tara begged in a low whisper. Kaleb merely shook his head in desperation.

“I’m sorry, I don’t have a choice. But here,”

He held out his open hand and Tara glanced down to see a photo of herself, her creative design team, her parents and Natali (her sister). She gasped and took the picture.

“I havent seen this photo in a long time.”

She felt tears coming to her eyes but refused to let the warm liquid flow down her face.

“I found it online. Listen to me. I will do all I can to help you three but my options are limited. You have to survive. If not for yourself, survive for them. I mailed that letter they should have it tomorrow.”

He was now close to her face to keep anyone from hearing and stepped back after his explanation. Tara gave the best smile she could to him.

“Thank you.”

She mouthed. Kaleb nodded and stood back by Park in the center of the circle of elevators.

“Alright ladies. Today is the day you enter the Survival Games. Do all you can to keep yourself alive in fair play. Rules? Nope. Remember! Only ONE person can leave the survival games alive.”

Park spoke in a spooky voice that would remind a person of the horror movie 'Saw'. He looked around at each of the terrified individuals and sighed.

“Get these ladies in there. I want to get this rolling we’re behind. Gamblers! Please place your opening bets.”

The clear, glass elevator doors slid open and they were all being pushed into them reluctantly. Kaleb seemed to be the only one who actually realized the terrableness of what was going on before him. But Aaden often wondered why he ever began “working” there. Or why he was still there for that matter.

As they were raised into the arena by the elevators they took note of the surroundings. It was mildly chilly outside- or were they inside? Aaden’s thoughts interrupted. There were trees everywhere and a little tent about fifty yards in front of them. Tara looked over at Aaden then at the tent and saw the table with tools, and what looked like flat bags.

“Tara.”

Aaden whispered making Tara snap her head back around to look at her friend.

“Yeah?”

She whispered back.

“Do you see that odd tree over there? It’s branches almost look like a weeping willow.”

Tara looked over her shoulder in the area Aaden was pointing at and saw the tall tree with branches curling down. She turned back to Aaden once more and nodded.

“I want you and Carlie to run and hide behind that tree while I get some things from that tent okay?”

Tara seemed hesitant and scared but knew she was in no position to question her friend and nodded again in agreement. She turned to Carlie and whispered the instructions into her ear as well. The whispers amongst the three girls obtained glares from the women around them and they hushed when a loud bang occurred resulting in women racing for the tent including Aaden. Tara and Carlie raced for the tree without slowing their pace even by a little until they were safely behind it. Breathing heavily, Tara glanced at Carlie whose breath could be seen in the chilly air.