Tara moaned and held her stomach. She was hungry and dehydrated. Tara was used to being somewhat dehydrated but not nearly as dehydrated as she was now. Slowly, she stood and grunted at the pain in her ribcage. She thought about the possibility of a broken bone, or more, but didn’t complain. Tara knew she was lucky to even be alive. Holding her left arm lightly on her ribs, Tara walked to find the river knowing Aaden and Carlie would be safe alone. Once she found the river she found Aaden’s bag on the edge of the water. Searching through it, she found the canteen and filled it with water. Tara didn’t find any fish after searching for a while and decided to return to the girls. She threw the bag over her shoulder and sat, slowly, by the two. Carlie groaned and sat up, wincing at the pain from the stabbing. She glanced down at her bandaged wound and seemed impressed.

“How are you feeling?”

Tara asked as she began to build a fire. Carlie watched in amazement and replied,

“Like I have a hole in me.”

She pointed at the bandage.

“You did this?”

Tara nodded and Carlie looked over at Aaden, who was still unconscious.

“Did she ever wake up since Caden…”

She trailed off not wanting to go further and knew Tara understood what she meant. Tara sadly shook her head and added broken sticks to the fire.

“Not since she was hurt. She’s still alive though. I check every so often and hear her breathing,”

“Yeah her chest is moving so she’ll be okay. Speaking of…where is Caden?”

Tara looked Carlie in the eyes as if she was shooting darts at the older woman. Carlie began to worry a little as she saw the fury arising in Tara. She had never seen so much rage in her eyes. She was always so down to earth. Tara pointed behind her across from Carlie. She looked and there she was. Caden was lying in the grass, eyes closed and her hands on a bleeding spot of her stomach.

“Did you…?”

Again, she knew Tara knew what she meant. Tara sighed and nodded. The rage left her face and was replaced with terror. Carlie moved over and wrapped an arm around Tara.

“It’s okay. It was self-defense.”

“That’s what I keep telling myself.”

Ed paced around the living room while Jo, Cynthia, and Pete watched from the couch. Natali was looking up “Train Coach” online with no results that would lead them to the girls.

“Train coach?”

Jo spoke in a serious tone.

“Yes. The woman whispered train coach to me right before she died.”

Ed immediately squeezed his jaw shut tightly after speaking of death. They were growing impatient and police have given up on finding the girls completely. Even the detectives he had spoken to before were trying to convince him not to pursue looking for them as it was unlikely they were still alive but he had not lost hope. He kept reminding himself of the promise he made every time he thought of Tara.

A ring of the doorbell alarmed everyone making them jump a little in their seats. Ed stood and put a finger to his mouth indicating for them to stay quiet. He reached for his pistol tucked in the back of his pants and approached the door. Peeking through the hole he saw a man he’s never seen before. Ed slightly opened the door and peeked through.

“Can I help you?”

“Is this the Quinn residence?”

The man asked. He seemed nervous and Ed took caution to that.

“Why?”

“You must be Ed then.”

Ed nodded slowly still untrusting this guy even though he looked like the type of man that couldn’t hurt a fly no matter how hard he tried.

“Who are you kid?”

“My name is Kaleb.”

Ed suddenly left his gun in the waistline of his pants and opened the door further.

“Kaleb? Kaleb Mitchell.”

The guy nodded hesitantly and Ed stood back.

“Get in here.”

Kaleb walked into the room and all eyes fell on him.

“Who’s this?”

Jo asked protectively.

“Kaleb Mitchell.”

Ed replied resulting in gasps from everyone including Pete.

“The one who mailed Tara’s letter.”

“Yes but we don’t have much time for me to explain myself. Tara, Carlie, and Aaden were taken to the survival games.”

“We know that.”

Ed broke in. Kaleb raised a hand and nodded.

“They were put in there to fight for survival. Only one person is allowed to leave the games. It has been a long time with them in there.”

The room fell silent but only for a moment before Kaleb began talking again.

“The girls are the last three remaining.”

“So they are alive?”

Ed asked raising the hopes of the room again.

“Yes. They are alive. But all of them are wounded and Park won’t let them out.”

“Why not?”

Natali asked shyly.

“There are three people alive. Not just one.”

Pete piped in and Kaleb nodded once again.

“Who is Park?”

Ed asked. Kaleb froze and began to get scared.

“Well don’t hold back now!”

“Park is my father. He runs these games. Now we have to get going if we are going to rescue those girls.”