Y O U

Today was the last day of their deal. Helena wouldn't ever admit this but she actually did have fun around him these few days. She didn't know why Liam cared so much but somehow she was glad he did. As he was a prefect, she thought he had to be like Taylor Reese; stern, responsible, smart, always with the rules, confident and secure. Sure, he was all of that but she didn't know Liam could be so sweet and thoughtful compared to Taylor who was the school's star athlete and a bit of a player at heart. Liam Martins was handsome and in fact nicer that he was, making him the dream prince by the girls. Though rumour has it that he never had a girlfriend before and this makes Helena wonder whether his standards were too high.

He invited her to his home today after school hours end. She has agreed as it was for his video gaming project and that he needed her help on creativity. He was one of the top three students elected to present United Kingdom to create a video game for an international gaming platform competition in Japan. He couldn‟t believe it either that Mr Edwards, their computer technics teacher, actually liked his entry. Liam had always wanted this sort of opportunity ever since he was in the ninth grade. He‟ll be sent to the other side of the world in two more days for a week.

She reads his address for the second time because she couldn‟t believe that this was his house. It was a beautiful penthouse and a Union Jack flag was standing proudly in their green garden full of flowers and neatly trimmed bushes. She‟s surprised that he isn‟t spoiled like most rich brats at their school. She knocks on the door for a second time to reveal an older female version of Liam. She must have been Mrs Martins, Liam‟s mother. The woman smiles
at Helena as she greets her warmly, "You must be one of Liam‟s friends? He told me that we would have a visitor today."

Helena felt at ease, "Yes, I‟m here for his gaming project. I‟m Helena." In a split second, the woman froze as her eyes look at her in shock. She shakes her head lightly, gripping onto the wooden door tighter this time. As she regains composure, she adds, "You‟re Helena? The girl Liam gave up his HU scholarship on?"

Helena couldn‟t believe her ears. She only stands on the porch too shocked and surprised to move but after a brief second, she smiles. She tries to keep her tone calm, "Yes, I‟m that Helena. I did receive a scholarship from HU two days ago but I didn‟t know he gave it up." He was so getting killed after this. Mrs Martins decided to smile in return, "He just said someone needed more than he did so I gave him the permission to give it up to someone else.
We had enough money to supply for his studies so I didn‟t mind it after the second time. You can come in and I‟m so sorry about earlier. My apologies for being rude."

"No, it‟s OK, Mrs Martins. Thank you so much." She walks in after the older woman told Liam was in their backyard garden. She follows the directions and sees him sitting on a bench, working on his silver laptop. Her insides were bubbling with slight annoyance. „Why did he have so nice?‟ she thinks bitterly.

She pinches his left shoulder, making him flinch a bit. Liam looks to her and smiles, but Helena didn‟t return it. He was clouded with confusion as he furrowed his eyebrows. She speaks as daggers filled her eyes, "Why did you that, Liam? I know I am searching for colleges but you didn‟t have to do that. You‟re just making me feel as if my life doesn‟t even have hope, and would be different if your family‟s money is involved."

It all made sense now. His smile fades away slowly as he clears his throat nervously, "You needed it more than I did, Helena." She crosses her arms and sighs, looking rather impatient at the point. He adds, "But before you get mad at me, hear me out."
Helena rolls her eyes but nods. This had better be good. He takes a compact disc from his black leather laptop bag, and then puts it inside in his laptop to play whatever what it was in there. The video plays and it was him in a polo shirt and at a piano bench. "All right, I don‟t usually do this kind of things but I hope you like it, Helena," Liam in the video smiles and starts hitting the piano keys. The tune was soft, he starts singing and his voice was melodious.

I want to write you a song, one as beautiful as you are sweet,
So when the world is cold you can hear my soft lullaby to calm your soul,
I want to write you a song.

I want to write you a song, for the Helena that I just know,
She's strong and very brave that she really deserves the world to know she is
I dedicate this one to you.

Everything I learn, I get from you,
But she needs to learn one thing and it's, She needs to love herself that way I do.

I want to write you a song, one that you can value yourself by, I would love it if you're confident and so sure of yourself,
As it's okay because I know you do deserve it.
Though I still want to write you a song.

The video ends. Helena smiles and smacks his shoulder playfully, "You‟re a lame composer, Liam. But you‟re lucky that I‟m not mad at you anymore."

He stifles a laugh as his dimples show, "I did try and that‟s all I can scrape up. I can‟t afford Ed Sheeran or John Legend to write a song for me. But the least I sang from my heart." Helena grins, "So, what‟s the last reason, Liam?"

His expression turned serious as he hadn‟t put any thought to it. Somehow he felt the urge to say it so he does anyways, "Final and last reason: you. You can‟t kill yourself because you need to love and cherish yourself. I made this song to say that you need to value yourself and not let others stomp your self-esteem. People these days are willing to pay millions to change themselves with plastic surgery to look perfect and flawless but it‟s wrong as it means denying God‟s creation and almighty powers. It breaks my heart to see to those who don‟t appreciate the tiny things in life. I don‟t want you to be like that, Helena. You‟re beautiful no matter what, OK? And that‟s why I saved you five days ago because you are worth everything."

Helena‟s heart flutters hearing that because he seemed genuine. He wore his heart out on his sleeve when he‟s honest. She likes that part of him. She blushes a bit, "You know what? Thank you so much, Liam, for these amazing five days with you. I had learnt so much from you in such little time. I appreciate just one thing and that one thing is you. You‟re like a big brother that I never had. Thanks."

He takes her hand and kisses it lightly, "Always and forever, love."

___________________________________

THE END.