P R O L O G U E

Helena slowly takes a deep and long breath. Her nerves were filled with anxiety and fears as she has never been in a situation like this -- one that could change her entire fate permanently. Her life was in her hands now. One step away before death takes her as she falls down into a rocky, sharp and dark tavern of six feet.

This was it, Helena. You always wanted this.

The cold air instantly hits her face, it was now or never. Helena takes a step ahead, screaming at the top of her lungs as her subconscious knew where she was heading to, and this time was stopping her. She opens her eyes as confusion takes over as she thought she had calculated everything correctly that by now she's dead. Something was clinging to her waist tightly, her confusion turns into frustration as someone's strong arms were stopping her from her only solution.

She jerks her head to see... Liam Martins?

Helena pushes him off roughly as her eyes showed no hint that she was only fooling around. She hissed at him as venom filled her words, "How dare you stop me, Liam?"

He flinches away from her a bit but soon his face was red from anger. He crosses his arms over his chest as he spat back, "How dare me? I saved you from killing yourself, Helena!"

She snorted as she rolled her eyes in slight annoyance, Why bother now, Liam? You never seem to notice me in school at all." It was entirely true though: nobody wanted to be her friend and what was even worse was she seemingly has no one, even her parents died.

A tear drops onto her cheek as the dreadful memory starts to play in her mind. Thinking of it now, everything was so sad for her. "I get that I am a failure. I can't even kill myself properly without failing."

Liam's expression softens as Helena breaks down into a river of tears. His heart breaks a little at the sight of her like that. He takes her into his embrace as he tries his best to calm her down. He felt bad that he made her cry but it was something that she had to do. He couldn't bear seeing someone too deep in their depths of despair to a point they could end their life. But then again he would feel guilty if he didn't help at all when he had the chance. He would but he couldn't.

As her cries finally reduced to tiny sniffles, he looks into her blue eyes for something. "Give me five days and I will give you a reason a day why you shouldn't die. If you still aren't convinced, you can go ahead and jump off that cliff," he said after a while.

Helena's head was clouded with confusion once again as she couldn't believe her ears. She stares at him in slight bewilderment, without a blink, before stating, "I'm not asking you to be redundant but what did you say, Liam?"

He sighs but his tone was sterner than before, "Helena, give me five days and I will give you a reason a day why you shouldn't die. If you still aren't convinced, you can go ahead and jump off that cliff."