Help

Dustin's POV

This blizzard has gone crazy. It won't stop snowing, it's been three days. It's only stopped once and then five minutes after it stopped it came back twice as hard.

I mean, I'm not complaining. It's keeping Ross here. I've tried talking to him but he won't talk to me. I stopped sleeping on the couch and started sleeping in my bed again. Ross is sleeping on my floor. But he still hasn't talked to me.

I've really screwed up this time.

I need help getting him back. I need Veronica. I grabbed my phone that was sitting next to my bed and dialed up Veronica. After three rings I finally heard her pick.

"Hello?" I heard her groggy voice ask.

"Hey, I need your help." I said and then asked. "Oh, were you sleeping?" I asked honestly.

She didn't say anything for a second before she yelled in the phone. "No, I wasn't sleeping at three in the morning!!!" She yelled, sarcastically but I just decided to push it off my shoulders.

"Ok, good." I heard her sigh. "I need help getting Ross back."

"And how do you expect me to help you?" She asked. "You've really messed up this time. I don't know if you can fix this."

"No! Don't say that, I can fix this!" I yelled into the phone.

"Okay! Jeez, calm down!" She yelled back causing me to stop yelling. "I'll ask Jared to talk to him since they've become close friends. I can't make any promises though."

I sighed in relief. "Ok, thank you." I responded before we said our goodbyes and hung up.

I got out of bed quietly and carefully stepped over Ross, who was in a sleeping bag on the floor. I walked to the door and exited the room. I went downstairs and into the kitchen and was about to make some breakfast when my phone went off. I looked at it and saw that it was a text from Veronica.

Jared said that he'll call Ross and try to talk to him.

I sighed in relief and put my phone down. I started to make eggs and bacon. About a half hour later and I was done. I put the food on plates and put them around the table. Just as I finished the last plate down, Ross came down the stairs with his phone in his hand. I guessed that he just finished talking to Jacob, since I did think that I heard talking going on upstairs. And my moms at work and Abigail wouldn't get up this early so I figured it had to be him that was talking. Yeah, it's really stupid that she still has to go to work when it's snowing like this.

"Morning." I said but didn't look at him. I was just hoping he would respond.

He didn't respond so I just went to the sink and started to wash the dishes I cooked with. Suddenly he spoke.

"I have a date today."

I stopped washing dishes and just let the water run as my eyes filled up with tears. "Oh." I said with no emotion. "That's great for you." I tried to sound excited for him...but how could I?

Suddenly he was behind me and his breath was beside my ear. "Be ready by eight." He spoke, causing me to sigh and have chills run down my spine. "This is your one chance."

He turned around and grabbed his plate off the table before going upstairs to eat breakfast.

All I could think was:

Thank you Jared!