Silence

Dustin's POV

No one has spoken about Riker. It's been two days since he's passed and I've been waiting for Ross or Veronica to talk to me but they both have kept silent.

I can tell that they both have things they need to get off their chests but they're too scared to admit it. They're too scared to admit that he's actually gone.

I mean, its been hard on all of us, but them especially.

I've even tried talking to them but I don't know what to say. I don't want to just put it out there. So, I've been trying to hint at it... Apparently neither one of them is good at picking up on hints.

So, I called up Jared and me and him made plans to take Ross and Veronica out tonight to have a little fun and get their minds off things. I should actually tell Ross to start getting g read now.

I walked upstairs and to my room where Ross was sitting on my bed, looking at a picture on his phone. I walked up to him and peeked over his shoulder. The picture was of him and Riker. I let out a sad sigh and sat down beside him. I sat there with him in silence for a minute or two before I turned towards him. "We're going out tonight, so get ready." I whispered in his ear which had him looking at me, questioningly.

I rolled my eyes. "It's a surprise, just trust me when I say you'll love it." His eyes softened immediately and he nodded his head. He gave me a light smile and I pecked him on his lips.

I got up and left so he could get ready.

.....

I walked out of the house with Ross' hand in mine. Jared and Veronica were already waiting in his car out front. We headed over and got into the back seat.

We all greeted each other and then started driving. The car ride was silent, but it was calming.

About ten minutes into driving in silence, Veronica spoke up. "Where are we going?" Her voice was laced with frustration and impatience.

"It's a surprise." Jared told her.

She groaned and rolled her eyes but leaned back anyway and kept silent.

A few minutes later the car stopped. We all filed out and looked up at the resturaunt that Jared and I were so excited to take Ross and averonica too.

"Chuck-E-Cheese's?" They both asked, to which me and Jared both nodded.

"We wanted to take you guys somewhere fun, to get your mind off things." Jared said.

"I don't want to be here." Veronica said quietly.

"Veronica-"

"I said 'I don't want to be here'!" She yelled at Jared.

"Okay..." Jared said while walking back to the car.

"Veronica..." I said.

"Can we just go?" She asked, her voice void of emotion.

Ross walked up beside. "I agree, I don't want to be here." I turned to him to which he looked at me, his eyes had no expression. He turned and headed towards the car.

They were all just about to get in but before they could, I shouted my thoughts. "But you want talk to us!" Ross and Veronica both froze and just stood where they were. "You won't talk to anyone, me or Jared, your parents, no one! And it's making me worried."

Jared spoke up. "We want you to talk to us." Veronica looked over to him. "You can keep this inside forever and pretend like it never happened." Her eyes softened.

"It's been hard on me too." I admitted, Ross turned around and Veronice and Jared turned to look at me. "But I've been trying to stay strong for both of you. I love you guys."

Veronica shut the car door that she already had open. She walked over to me and stopped right in front of me, her eyes watery. In two seconds, her arms were around me in a warm embrace.

I felt her tears run out of her eyes and onto my shirt. Ross came over next and wrapped his arms around us both, tears running down his face.

Jared came up after them and wrapped his arms around both of them.

So there we stood, in the parking lot of Chuck-E-Cheese's, Ross and Veronica crying, and Jared and I comforting them.