Eight

((The Pic is of Henrietta.))

Adrian rubbed his eyes and sat up. His back was stiff from sleeping on the ground and James wasn't too far away cooking. He saw a soft grey light surrounding them.

"We can't leave the circle without Amos knowing that we're up and wandering about." James turned from the small pot he was cooking a type of soup in and smiled fondly at Adrian. "I apologize for the unexpected embrace last night. I was overwhelmed with gratitude for you not giving into the voices. It saved my life."

"Its okay James." Adrian stood and stretched. "What's for breakfast?"

"There was a blueberry bush over by the north part of the circle and some edible mushrooms scattered about. I'm not Vern but I do know how to cook, so I made something from what I had." James turned back to his cooking.

"What do you mean 'you're not Vern'?"

"There's three different types of Shadow Servants. Vern is a Caregiver. He mainly stays close to Mr Will to protect him and heal him."

"What are you and Amos?"

"Amos is a Watcher and I'm a Fighter." James answered. "Amos is more skilled in his magic while I'm more skilled in my combat."

"What was Lawrence? Do you know?" Adrian ambled beside him.

James stiffened. "So that was his name." He looked down at the pot. "Amos and Vern never had the guts to tell me. They told me he was a Watcher, only he was better at hand to hand combat than most Watchers. I never really learned much about him." Adrian placed an hand on James's shoulder. "But that isn't something for you to worry about Master. He's been gone for fifteen years."

"Did you ever get to meet him? Even if you were young." Adrian prodded gently. James shook his head.

"Cute." An unfamiliar feminine voice caused both to look up. "Another fighter? I rarely see any anymore."

"Who are you?" James growled, sidestepping in front of Adrian. The woman in front of them had green hair and deep red-violet eyes framed by glasses.

"No one important. I just want you to relay a message to your Master." She smirked and placed a hand on her hip.

"I can hear and see you just fine." Adrian glowered. She blinked.

"You can? That's, Mistress Eliza will be happy to learn that. It might help her." She bit down on her thumbnail as slight worry creased her face. "Mr Adrian, don't act so surprised. Mistress Eliza knows your eldest brother. She's been watching over you since your birth
She's doing her best to fight Kill Cipher but its hard since she has to keep me hidden. She wanted you to know this, don't give into the voices and don't be consumed by the power. The wolf is only as strong as its intelligence."  The woman bowed.

"Wait, what? Tell me your name." Adrian stopped her before she could disappear.

"Mistress didn't say anything against it. I'm Henrietta." Henrietta disappeared leaving James and Adrian confused.

.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.

"Mistress!" Henrietta walked up to Eliza and Wendy where they sat.

Yes? Eliza projected her thoughts to the Shadow.

"His powers aren't completely in yet. But he does have the gift of a Shadow Demon." The centuries old shadow bowed to the woman.

He's progressing swiftly then. Eliza mentally sighed. Let's hope Kill doesn't get to them before we do. Lady Ginger would hate to see him die.

.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.

Its shorter but I have no more ideas for this chapter.