four

CHAPTER 4.
Ella's point of view

The sunlight slipped through the curtains into the white room. I turned over and rubbed my eyes before letting them slowly open. I smiled to myself and sat up grabbing my phone and checking the time, 7.30am. That's not even early for me on an everyday basis. I love being a morning person, it's just nice to wake up early and get the day started.

I decided to get up and make some breakfast for Sydney and Conner for when they wake up. I know they like bacon and eggs. Conner likes one egg on top of toast with some beans and bacon on the side. Sydney likes a bacon and egg toast sandwich with barbecue sauce. I don't eat egg so I'll just make some extra bacon.

I opened up the bedroom door and tiptoed down the stairs. The room was warming up from the sun shining through, but the floor still froze my toes. I turned on the heater and pulled a jumper over my head. It was an old jumper I got back when I was fifteen. I walked into the kitchen and leaned on the counter and flicked the radio on softly.

I grabbed everything I needed and some orange juice for myself then I started to cook. By the time I was finishing up I heard everyone waking up. Sydney and Conner ran down and gave me big hugs and ate their food. As soon as I noticed the children eating, I forgot all about Harry coming home last night and how he would probably be hungry. I don't know what he normally has so I made him a bit of everything.

"So, how'd I do this time, guys?" I asked them and leaned on the counter and drank some of my orange juice. They both continued to chew on the food slowly, before they looked up at each and smiled. Sydney's big eyes looked over at me as she swallowed her food and began to speak.

"It's an eight out of ten for me." She smiled and sipped her own orange juice. A small smile appeared onto my face.

"Hmm, an eight. That's pretty good!" I cheered. "Conner?" I looked over at the young boy as he finished off the beans.

"I like the beans, a ten for them." I laughed. "But they make me fart." He said and Sydney held her nose and screamed out a 'no'. As soon as a loud laugh left my mouth a very tired Harry walked into the kitchen. "Daddy!" Conner and Syd yelled out as their father entered.

Last night's memories fill my mind. Harry was so mad; it was absolutely terrifying. I'm so happy the kids didn't wake up though because that would have been a horrible long night. I watched him make his way around the island and grab a glass from a shelf and reach for the orange juice.

"Morning daddy." Sydney says and harry smiles and hugs her. "Where's mummy?" She finishes her breakfast before getting up to put the plate in the sink for me to clean. Harry didn't reply he just watched her walk off with Conner following behind into the lounge. He placed himself where the children once sat.

"How you feeling?" I asked taking a seat next to him. I placed his plate of food in front of him and a quiet 'thanks' was heard. But he didn't answer my question. I frowned a little and just kept quiet. I decided to get up from the seat and move back into the kitchen, not wanting to make things awkward.

He finally put the glass down and looked up at me and then away and focused those green eyes on the beautiful children sitting on the couch watching SpongeBob.

"I'm going to shower. I won't be long." Harry's morning voice filled the room as he walked away. I didn't realise how harsh I was staring till he disappeared from sight. I can't get enough of this man, my crush on him is painful. I quickly cleaned up the pots and put everything away before I made my way to the couch.

"So, what do you feel like doing today?" They both looked at each other and then back at me. Two replies were heard, 'park' was one and 'nothing' was the other. "Well, the park sounds like fun. But so does doing nothing." I leaned on my hands staring up at the television.